Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's Hear About YOUR dog!!

Full Member Full Dog Member

i would love to hear about everyones dog!!

Name's : Trixie and Tucker
    Breeds: Trixie- Lab/Sheperd Mix/ Tucker- Lab
    Ages: Trixie - 11 months old / Tucker- 3 yrs old
    Fav. Toys: Tennis balls

they're very sweet and loving dogs, they LOVE to play ball. and tucker my 3 yr old, loves to do agitlity.
    *aSh*<br /><br />"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies." -Gene Hill

thats cute about neko. im sorry about your other 4 yr old.
    *aSh*<br /><br />"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies." -Gene Hill

I have 2 goldens. Cody & Abbey. Cody is almost 3 & Abbey is 8 months. I hope to train Abbey for flyball, (we are in basic obedience right now), she is as agile as she is beautiful! Cody is my shadow, he goes everywhere with me. He's very gentle, yet very protective of my boys & me. I'm about to have a german shepherd join our family. Major is my fiance's 4 month old pup, we are getting married on Valentine's day. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Congratulations on your pending marriage!
    Freckles is our joy. I have mentioned her before on this forum and others have probably heard enough about her. So this is for you... since you asked! Our sweet Sissy who had moved from Georgia to Texas with us in 1998 left us at the age of 15 shortly thereafter. Missed her so. My husband was so distraught he said "no more" just hurts too much when you have to give them up. (I knew he wouldn't last, but didn't press). About 3 weeks later we were at the flea market across the pasture from our place and a woman was carrying this white ball of fluff about 6 weeks old. Naturally, we commented..she said, "if you want her, you can have her..she will go to the pound otherwise." Well, that was all that needed to be said. She stole our hearts before we got to the car!!! She is a border collie/red heeler cattle dog mix. And, displays all those breeds are known for!! The body and coat of the border, but the white with red "freckles" like the heeler. She looked like a Samoyed for several months until the red began to show more and more. She will be 3 yrs. in February. Smart, loving, loves people and cannot imagine not having her in our life. My husband is absolutely silly over her. She sleeps on her special sheet right on the bed (usually right between us)..all 40+ pounds. The trainer refers to her as my Velcro dog....she is such a stick-tight. Loves to ride in the car. We have to spell "Go" unless we want her to jump up to go to the SUV. She has a lab mix female buddy at my friend's she plays with once a week or so. Her name is Shelby and we have to spell that because if we say the name she is up with ears pricked and starts making growling "talky" sounds for us to get to the car to go to Shelby's and squeals all the way there. On a recent dog show when describing Border's they said they were real "thinking" dogs. Every dog but one we have ever had has been a resuce of some sort. Each one has been distinctive and individual, but loved equally. But, this one I have to admit is really special. She draws attention where ever we take her. I could go on and on...but, won't bore you more.
    Lou in Texas

I have two furry friends.

Mickey - Age 9 - He's Lab and Golden Retreiver mix. I got him when he as about 5 months old.
    I call him my velvet dog. His fur is so soft and thick. He loves to play dog ball. He is the most lovable dog I've ever had. Small chldren have come over and they can roll on the floor with him.

And them there's Molly

Ahh Molly - trouble is her middle name. But, I still luv her.

I got her at the shelter in June. She was about a year old. Never had any training. I'm still working on that now. She's shephard mix. The shelter said with queenland but I think it's Greyhound.

Congrats on the marriage LoriAnn. Let us know how it goes
    I love cats too.

Senior Dog Member

I have a german sheperd/pit bull mix name Chance - 4 years old. He's a nut. He loves to run and play - he especially loves to wrestle. He knows that if I say ow - he's playing to hard. Then he stops and gives me a kiss.

Neko is my little baby. He's a 6 month old Husky. He's just like me - a little ditzy, a little clumsy - but he's a good guy. We're on our 1st vacation together now - and he is doing so good! He had a 4 hour car ride - and he slept through the whole thing!

I recently had to put down my 4 year old pit bull/boxer mix Wilson. Sometimes I refer to him on the forum. He was (and still is) my little guardian angel.

Senior Dog Member

i have five gorgeous dogs
    Willow is a neutered female english pointer that i bred myself,
    Jodie is my current breeding female english pointer. She had puppies a year ago and is due to come into season in January and will be taken to the stud dog then to be covered so she will be having more pups very soon.
    Millie is a neutered female norwich terrier, bags of fun. I was given her by someone who's 6 month old dog caught their champion show b i t c h but didnt want to sell the pups because the dog has some inherited defect (he was neutered a month later) and she didnt want there to be any chance the pups would be bred from.
    Hayley is a neutered female cavalier king charles spaniel. She was also an "accidental" aquisition.
    Tara is my baby, she's my wolf hybrid, she cost a fortune to import from America and is an absolute star. She's un-neutered at the minute because i plan to breed from her next year if the vet gives her the all clear to go ahead, we've had a lot of interest in a litter from her and my brother's wolfdog Dart. They are such nice dogs, although because of the large percentage of wolf in her it took a lot of time for some people to accept that she wasnt going to jump out of the garden and kill their dogs and attack their kids.
    Lou
    If you want something done ask a busy person to do it.

Lou, do you all have any restrictions over there on what percentage of wolf they can be, or housing restrictions or anything?

Senior Dog Member

anything that is second generation "domestic" is totally unrestricted, basically you can have any % of wolf as long as you breed it in gradually, crossing back with a dog that is legally "domestic" every other generation. Tara is 90% approximately, Dart is about 92%. They have been selectively bred for many generations to make them legal by crossing many different lines,

eg your first cross might be
    wolf/husky
    then wolf x wolf/husky
    You would make sure you breed two totally different lines and then if you cross the offspring of the second cross the resulting puppies are legally domestic and yet 75% wolf. You can continue this way until your dog is almost all wolf. as long as you leave a two generation gap before adding any more "pure" wolf.
    Lou
    If you want something done ask a busy person to do it.

Smile

I have two dogs!
    There is Cowboy, he's my Dachshund. He got his name when he was a puppy, we brought him home and we couldn't find him for 3-4 hours,then we saw my husband's cowboy boot moving, and out came this little guy!
    Cowboy's fav toys are: Tennis balls,squeaky toys,
    rawhidebones. His pasttime: Loves to bark, sleeps on your lap, and gives kisses.
    Cowboy is 4 years old.
    My second dog is a : Border Collie, 7 months old,
    named Jake. We rescued him from an abusive family, and has adapted very well to us.
    Jake's fav toys: ANYTHING!
    Jake's pastime is: playing,sleeping, and giving kisses!
    We enjoy our dogs very much, they are like kids.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast