Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much does dog grooming cost?

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

Question

hi everyone!

any idea how much does it usually cost to take a dog to a grooming? i have
    a long-haired chi & this is the first time i will take him to the grooming to have his
    fur trimming, he also needs his nails clipped & his ears clean. anyone here brought
    their dogs to a groomer? i heard it's expensive is it?

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

It can cost anywhere from $20 - $60 depending on how big your dog is. I have a toy poodle and it cost $30 for a clip, nails, ears, and wash.

I have a toy poodle also, it's about $35 for a full grooming. In between full groomings, they have baths and trims which are about $15.

Full Member Full Dog Member

It also depends on the groomer you go to, some cost less and some cost more, I guess it's something to do with the experience they've had to. Long hairs usually cost more.
    ¤Dog Expert¤

Full Member Full Dog Member
    Yes, the prices everyone listed is on target. The only time there are price variations in my shop is when matts or tangles are present. In extreme cases, we charge $20 per hour to de-matt.
    Be yourself, no matter what they say.-Sting

Count the Cotons Senior Dog Moderator Moo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    13", 15 lb - $40 canadian for nails, brush, shampoo, blow dry, haircut, ears, whiskers.
    ♫ Come and knock on our door.... ♪

Sowie, I have a papillon and here in SC, I've paid at most $25 but as little as $10 at my old town. Paps and LC chi's really don't have much grooming, not like a poodle or a terrier. I take him occasionally though to do his feet and nails mostly.

Some cities in the US are really expensive ... in Boston suburbs my friend pays something between $25 to $40 but Boston city is more expensive. New York cost my friend $85 for the same dog (Yikes!)
    My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am.
    Beagles rule!

Well, I have a Papillon, a breed that doesn't need clipping, but my friend also has a pap whom she has clipped every 3 weeks. The dog is 12" and 11lbs, and it costs $50 for a bath, blow dry, clip, nail trim, and to have the ears cleaned and teeth brushed.
    We have, up until lately, been sending our 12 year old Labrador mix in to be clipped and to have his ears cleaned, and it's about $80-90 for a 75-85lb dog. We did find one groomer who did it for much less money, and did a better job, but she had a baby and stopped grooming.

Mommy Status Senior Dog Member+ Lessica Jake's Avatar
    I talked to the groomers at PetSmart, and they said that they charge $49 Cdn. for a Springer Spaniel (which is what I have), so I bought some clippers and do that part myself, then take her to the do-it-yourself dog wash downtown for $4. Piece of cake. Do her ears myself, they need cleaning more often than I need to wash the rest of her, and nails you can trim or file yourself fairly easily as well once your dog gets used to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast