Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone heard...

Full Member Full Dog Member

Question Has anyone heard...

Has anyone heard of a dog breed called Oshirese? I groomed one for a lady, today. She says it's a new breed, not recognized by AKC.

I have never heard of this breed therefore I do not believe that there is such dog.
    ¤Dog Expert¤

¤Dog Expert¤

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

Lightbulb They do exist, but you misspelled the name

They are bred in Maria Hill IN (http://www.ocherese.com/home.shtml), a cross between a Pek-A-Poo (Pekingese and Toy Poodle) and a Maltese. I had one for over 12 years. They are a very loving and intelligent pet.

This is a very,very old thread and this is not a breed.
    Serenity begins when you stop expecting and start accepting

Quote Originally Posted by saluki-sue View Post

EXACTLY what I was going to say! VERY VERY old thread, and also NOT a breed
    Im Abi, the VERY PROUD FurMommi to:Rhett & Caoimhe, Dixi, Leo, Brody, Ducki and Pidgin.
    All raw fed!

RIP Hudson my love Senior Dog Member+ Hudsons~Mom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki-sue View Post
    Agree 100% very old thread and this is not a breed it is a mix aka mutt puppy
    Owned by Noodle, Nalla, Squeek, Lucius, and Bella....RIP Hudson my love I miss you.

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member
    Hi, I just found this site and just had to comment. I have a 4 lb. Ocherese who is 12 years old now and she's a doll! She's very healthy and last fall we even took her backpacking with us and she hiked 12 miles in two days. Whenever we picked her up to give her legs a break she only wanted back down again. This breed has been around quite a while and is registered through the CKC. It's not been around as long as some breeds, though, so you might not be familiar with it. Seems silly to say that only breeds that have existed for 100+ years are "real".

If you ever have a chance to experience an Ocherese in person, I'm sure it'll warm your heart!

Senior Dog Member+ FairyDogMother's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Zimmerman View Post
    Hi, I just found this site and just had to comment. I have a 4 lb. Ocherese who is 12 years old now and she's a doll! She's very healthy and last fall we even took her backpacking with us and she hiked 12 miles in two days. Whenever we picked her up to give her legs a break she only wanted back down again. This breed has been around quite a while and is registered through the CKC. It's not been around as long as some breeds, though, so you might not be familiar with it. Seems silly to say that only breeds that have existed for 100+ years are "real".

If you ever have a chance to experience an Ocherese in person, I'm sure it'll warm your heart!
    No one says a mutt can't be a great dog but we are NOT advocates of breeding mutts, period.
    Millions of dogs die in shelters due to irresponsible breeding.
    Breeding mixed breeds for a "new" name to make them "appear" the coolest thing since slice bread is irresponsible breeding.

I'm really glad you've had a long, wonderful relationship with your dog! I really am.
    Intentional breeding of mixed breeds is a whole other matter!

And yes, this thread is YEARS old. New threads should be started for new discussions.
    If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.
    ~Collar of Hope~

I miss you Denali Senior Dog Member+ Dignity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm assuming by CKC you mean Continental Kennel Club and not Canadian Kennel Club ?

If so, I thought I would point out that CKC (Continental) does allow registration of mixed-breed puppies and dogs. Looking up on either site, I could not find Ocherese listed as a breed.

That being said - for it to be considered a dog breed, there are rules and regulations to what actually define it, including generations of breeding of similar temperament and appearance characteristics.
    Beauty without Vanity; Strength without Insolence; Courage without Ferocity; and all the virtues of Man without his Vices. -- Lord Byron "Epitaph to a Dog"
    ♥ Bone Cancer Awareness ♥ RIP Denali ♥

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast