Thread: Ken - you're back

Couch Potato Senior Dog Member+Senior Dog Moderator Dax's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So how goes it? Been a while since you posted. How did your dog do in the puppy contest.

BoingBoing=Springers Senior Dog Member+ Ken Nielsen's Avatar

Hi doglover,

See the results of the puppy contest:

http://www.spanieljournal.com/

They are soooo cute, I give them all blue ribbons. Honey Bee probably did well, I don't know the rankings as they just posted the winner. Fun. Thanks everyone for pulling for Honey Bee.

I'm taking both me and her in for a re-run through basic obedience class starting this Friday. For my vacation this year, my boss was willing to give me Friday afternoons off for the next six weeks so I can take Honey out to the park before the lessons start so she will be relaxed and ready. I would rather put extra effort into training now, while she is still only 7 months old, so we can both enjoy a better life together because of training.

This is the first dog I have ever been serious about training, and I recommend it highly to anyone who wants to have a better behaved dog and more enjoyable ownership.

How is your sweetie doing doglover?

Blog Entries

Ken, good to hear from you again. I agree that obedience classes are a great way to spent time with your dog. It really makes owning them more enjoyable.

Ariel (6 months) is about ˝ way thru her first puppy class. She’s such a willing student but don’t bother trying to get her to repeat the same thing over & over.

You’ll have to post new pictures of HoneyBee now.

We start our second go-through of obedience classes tonight. We are both excited about it. Honey Bee now has 1.) been fixed 2.) has a chip embedded 3.) has all her shots, including rabies 4.) is now a citizen of our town with her own license 5.) will be 8 months old in about a week. To me, she still looks the same as the pictures I posted here under the "Here's My Girl" thread. I will wait to post more pictures when she is one year old and blowing out her first candle on a cake. Were you able to see the movie I posted of her barking out the window?

I read the thread about the dog who got left in a shed over the 4th of July. Honestly, the things I hear on the news, some people should not be allowed to own a dog, or any animal for that matter.

Here's to all the caring, patient, loving dog owners here. You all deserve blue ribbons for the good work you are doing.

Blog Entries

Sorry Ken, old old computer. I have to crank it just to get on the internet. Movies - it don't got the juice - I'm sorry to say.

I would love to see more pictures though. The pup that won the contest is very cute too but Honey Bee is just too sweet for words.

I have been locked out of the forums since they changed. Someone should notify administration that you can't get in if you forget your password. I don't have access to my home computer from my office so the request for password only gets sent to your given e-mail address. by the time I get home after a week's work, the link is expired from the e-mail. The webmaster never returned my e-mail asking for help.

The only way I was able to get here today is I found the password I had scribbled on a piece of paper in my dest drawer.

Imagine how many people cannot get back on these forums.

You cannot e-mail administration because that also wants your password.

I'm sure others are locked out.

There should be a way to contact these forums from the outside and reach someone that can help when you don't have your password.

I could have opened a new e-mail account somewhere and done it that way but that is too much.

Sorry Ken, I did pm you on the old forum as I guess that was the way you contacted me through pm's.
    I did speak to admin about your problem, they told me they could resend you your password, I was waiting for a reply on my pm's in the old forum, but you never got back to me.
    Glad you're over here now.

Good To Be Back...

These forums are great, because they are about something great. Annoying or whatever, our dogs are the sweetest little friends you could ask for.

You're right, if Wally wasn't such an old smooch and charmer...welllll.
    I don't know what my day would be like without them, pretty empty.
    Ellie is really happy, we are on handrearing calf time again, and she gets the left over milk, today I had 2 calves with milk all over their mooshes, and up comes Ellie looking the same. Really cute.