Thread: I hate some people :(

Well, as you might or might not know, One of my older cats (1 year old), went missing about a week ago. I called the humane society today, and they gave me the number of someone who was keeping a cat they found at their home, who basically matched the description of my cat. So I called the people, and they were SO mean to me. I left a message first, because no one picked up, but then the called me back a few seconds later and apparently couldn't hear me too well, and I asked who they are, and they said in a very mean voice who is this? And I said My name was Brianna, and I'd heard from the humane society that they had a female tortie cat who had gone missing, and was told to call them. The entire time they had a horrible voice..."We don't have a tortie, and we have 2 cats, and they're only kittens, and one's a CALICO", so, of course I thanked them for telling me, but they kept interupting me, and talking about how the cats were not mine. And then they started getting pissy about the humane society for having given their "personal information" (phone number and first name) over the phone, and they told me to call the humane society back and tell them so. So, I said goodbye and called the humane society back up. I toildthem that she was very angry and mean, and her complaint. Apparently they had signed an agreement saying that as long as they kept the cats at home, people could call them. OBVIOUSLY if you're trying to get an owner to pick up their lost animals, the owner should be able to callthem, IMO. So the humane society took my information on my cat to keep in case she turned up, and said they'd call her.

But really, come on, does someone have to be SO mean? I mean I just lost one of my cats, for goodness sakes, and she has to give me **** , when all I wanted to know was if the cat was mine! Ugh! I really hate some people!
    Elite, Molly, and Daisy
    "You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'" --Dave Barry

That is horrible, I feel your pain, my cat has only got to be gone for a night and I'm beside myself, so you must be going crazy trying to find yours.
    I would ring back the society, ask them bluntly if these people have your cat or not, if they don't then why were you told to ring them.
    If they do, then how the Hel* are you supposed to communicate if they won't be polite about it.
    As it stands you are probably not sure what the go is at the moment.
    Ring the people back, if you have to leave a message that would be good, tell them you have informed the society of their complaint, as well as your own, thank them in a sarcastic voice for their kindness and help and HANG UP. If they answer just babble it away so they don't get a word in before you hang up.

The humane society was suprised and called hte people so they could update their information (they did, I checked on their website). I love the society, and don't think it was their fault at all.

I'd call the other people and tell them that...but...well..I really hate to be rude. I am quite the submissive type, lol.
    Elite, Molly, and Daisy
    "You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'" --Dave Barry

I'm a bit the same too, I always end up thinking later, I should of said this or that, but I never do. Sooner keep the peace.
    Hope you find your cat.
    I have an abundent supply of male dogs here at the moment, and Wally my male is usless at keeping them away, Sophie has been doing a better job of it.

Senior Dog Member weimlover0816's Avatar

Elite, that is so horrible.... ther eis no need to be rude to someone who is missing their animal.

I wish you luck in finding your kitty, I had a cat a few years ago who was gone for 14 days, and turned up one day as if he had been gone for 10 minutes.... meowing as if to say "where the heck have you been, i want some food!!" it was a horrible 2 weeks
    got weimaraner?

You know, there are now signs posted under mine of a missing tuxedo male cat...*sigh*. I almost have the feeling we have a cat napper...I mean 2 in one week! But then again, maybe Munky found the man of her dreams and they eloped, and is going to return after the wedding (I hope).

I am really missing this cat...she's my favorite. She always followed me everywhere, meowing at me the entire time. Everytime I hear a meow from outside I hope it's her, but it always ends up being Phoenix, one of my other cats. I definitely know their meows apart...but there's that little part of me that thinks it's munky every time. *sigh*..I've said for the longest time that if there was one of my pets who I could not live without for even the shortest period of time, it was Munky. I even basically stole her from my brother because of it...he was going to take her to college, so I claimed her before he could. not that he cares that much anyways. But OMG I miss that cat!
    Elite, Molly, and Daisy