Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My neighbourhood

Senior Dog Member

Unhappy My neighbourhood

Here is an example why I am glad Whiskey is protective and going to be 100 lbs+, I just walked down the street to the corner store and have to pass my work, there was a fight last night that took out a huge glass store front window .
    Bending over backwards for her highness Zoee.

Couch Potato Senior Dog Member+Senior Dog Moderator Dax's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How did whiskey react? Where you able to control him? Was he with you even?[I]

Girl, maybe whiskey is protective for a reason .... Someone sent him to you as a guardian angel.!!

PS you ever notice that it's always the same people answering the posts....

Senior Dog Member
    No he wasnt with me, I am aware I could control where he goes, but he would definitley put on a show, he is only about 60-65lbs now.

I was thinking of teachig him commands in german, just so people would think he is proffesionally trained

I have noticed we have many members but few active members?

Senior Dog Member
    Yeah I think maybe somebody did send him to watch over me I have probably been followed down her like 5 times in the last year (before I got him) I have had somebody(i dont know) try to knock my door down 3 times, duh reinforced steel. The last time with my door was kind of funny, I hear the first bang and let Whiskey out of his crate to charge the door and bark and growl as he usually does if he hears someone out there. Iam working on having him initially think people are goof but i think we are just learning to keep to ourselves while walking, he has goten over bikes and skateboards, but is apprehensive of peole approaching until i tell him it is ok and fill his mouth wih treats, i think I cn live with that though we only have a year maybe two till we get our house and i want to set up a doggy run with a doggy door.

Blog Entries
    Do you speak german? I would work on hand signals.. The "bad guy" might not be intimated when you say "Speak or who's there" especially out on walks. I speak german yet use a langueage I am most comfortable with for dog training.

LOL sometimes it's hard enough getting them to listen to english

Senior Dog Member
    I dont speak anything but english . Definitley not bilingual but I was thinking when he barks to alert me of the door i could use Gib Laut instead of speak as we have only taught quite so far.

Blog Entries
    Here are a few words in German:

ROUSE - means "out" which is a good stand down type command
    RHINE - means "in"
    LOUT - means loud good term for speak.

I used to live in a neighborhood that wasn't the greatest. We had fencing all around the house Ruffles loved to stay outside 24/7. There were several times that we found items in our yard that could be used as weapons like a BB gun and golf clubs. Don't know if they were thrown into the yard or dropped by someone escaping after Ruffles started barking at them. He would never hurt anyone, though he did pee on a delivery guy once . I felt a lot safer with dogs around. One phrase that I found intimidating even if it doesn't mean anything to the dog is "bite him where it hurts."

Senior Dog Member
    yeah i am sure that would take along time to teach whiskey "bite him where it hurts" but i thin i will teach him ROUSE as a good bark command lol. nobody here would understand what i am saying so, i cant get in trouble and they can be intimidated if neccessary.

That's scary. I think the German commands are a great idea. I wish these puppies were a more aggressive type of dog because I just found out that we're moving into a house where a convicted child mo le st er lives across the street. I think my dogs will be good barkers though, lol.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast