Thread: Pedialyte... how much is too much?

Glitches Be Crazy Senior Dog Moderator RoughCollies's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pedialyte... how much is too much?

Because of my sick babies, I bought two Liters of Pedialyte last night. Between the three of them and the cat, we have almost gone through one liter! Charlie just laps it up like it's the best thing in the world. It's the unflavored kind. Who knows, what that dog is thinking. But, I filled a small ceramic dish with straight ped. last night. I had to refill it before bed and then I filled it again when I woke up this morning. I just refilled it again! Charlie was sick again this morning, so it's not fully in his system yet, but should I keep giving it straight or should I do half pedialyte and half water? I am asking my vet about what else I can do today, but I won't see her until 5, and I want to make sure I don't overdo it.
    Glitch - Shannon Down Wreck it Ralph
    Spencer Sprout Dixie

Sugar Rush Whippets

Couch Potato Senior Dog Member+Senior Dog Moderator Dax's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't think you can overdue it since there is no medicine in it.

I think you could start mixing it with distilled or bottled water anytime. If you are using tap water, I would boil it just in case there's bug is in the water (2 minutes full boil)

Count the Cotons Senior Dog Moderator Moo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's just electrolytes, not medicated, and if it's unflavored, there shouldn't be anything to irritate the body in it. But if a dog drinks too much of anything he will probably feel sick. I wouldn't give him anymore than he would drink water in an average day.
    ♫ Come and knock on our door.... ♪

Lift the water and let the dog drink flavored Pedalite, will not hurt it is for babies so it is not going to hurt our pups I give often from a shot reaction or whatever, give a little canned pumpkin also non spiced for the runs, setttles the stomach and bowels, just a good thing. Also a tad bit of honey is great for dogs as a cleanser and tonic for the heart and all organs. You will not hurt them trust me.