Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golden Retriever ??'s

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

Golden Retriever ??'s

Alright, i'm new here and just wanted to say hi. We'll i have an 11 month old soon to be 1 yr old female Golden Retriever. And i recently came upon a Husky that is 6 1/2 months. He is a male and either of them are fixed. My first question is at 6 1/2 months is he devolped enough to get her pregnant when she is in heat? and she was in heat around May, so it's going to be awhile to it comes around again, but can she get pregnant from the Husky even though she isn't in heat? and my last question is, if she was in heat in May, would there be any sign of her gaining weight by now if she was pregnant?

Senior Dog Member
    I do have 1 question though....

If she is 11 months old,Why isn't she spayed?

There might be weight gain,depending on the dog....

No he couldn't get her pregnant if she's not in heat.

Is the Husky your dog? Yes he might be developed enough to get her pregnant if she was in heat......

If he's not your dog & you are worried about your precious baby girl getting pregnant please take her to the vet to have her spayed....
    For her sake & for yours......
    Last edited by pittiegurl; 07-27-2004 at 07:36 PM.

Well I was going to have her spayed, and i had her appt. to go to the Vet. but the week before her appt. she came in heat(blood spots, that sorta stuff) and they couldnt spay her while in heat. so we had to wait a little while, and the more and more i thought about it the more i liked the idea of bredding her. And about the husky(long story short) for now we will only look after her till next Monday, but her owner had a lot of health problems and if she doesn't make(very unlikely she'll live) then the husky will be ours. But i do not want 2 un-fixed dogs running around so if i do not breed her, i'll get her spayed..same way with the male husky i'll have him nudered.

My main worry now is that she might be pregnant. When she was in heat i was VERY carefuly to keep her away from ALL male dogs. But i live in the woods and 1 time i wasn't paying attention and she wandered off. My neighbor has 2 male dogs. And i'm worried that she might have went over there. Are there any way to tell that she is pregnant?

Senior Dog Member
    You do understand that I'm not yelling at you or accusing you of wrong doing right?

That's not what I'm here to do,I'm here to help.....

Do me 2 huge favors?
    1. Get her spayed A.S.A.P
    2. Read the links below,please.....
    http://www.ilovepitties.com/fixyourpet.htm

http://www.ilovepitties.com/puppymills.htm

http://www.pbrc.net/breeding.html

After you have read these then you can breed your dog(or dogs).....
    Please be sure to read these before you breed........

Senior Dog Member
    Take her to the vet & have him/her do an ultrasound......

He will be able to tell you of she is pregnant.....

If she is you need to get prepared for the puppies that maybe coming......

If you need help getting prepared you can talk to your vet,he/she will be able to help you prep her for whelping.....

Or you can talk to Ellierat she breeds dogs also,she knows alot about breeding & whelping & she can give you lots of good information......

Good Luck.....Hope she's not pregnant!

Well after reading the stuff the websites had to say, i know that i definitly want to have her spayed after this. I'm just hoping she isn't pregnent. Somebody i saw said something about if a dog is pregnant and you have her spayed while she is pregnant it is sort of like an abortion...is this true?

If it was back in May that she would have gotten pregnant, then there should be signs of pregnancy. Not necessarily weight gain since this can be slight many times. You can feel her tummy and see if you can feel any 'lumps' inside that would be puppies. Be gentle when doing this but just push in a bit and move your fingers around some. If you still aren't sure, you can take her to a vet as pittiegurl said and get an ultrasound. Not only will it tell if she is pregnant, but also approx. how many pups and you will get to see them if she is pregnant.

As for breeding her, as much fun as it would be for you, there really are too many pups in the world already. Leave that part up to the professionals.

yes, if you spay while she is pregnant, it will kill all her puppies.

Senior Dog Member
    Thank you for taking the time to read that information I gave you......

Yes if you have her spayed while she is pregnant it is like an abortion,because you are killing the unborn puppies inside of her womb....

If you do have her spayed while she is pregnant she will pee blood for a long long time,possibly for the rest of her life(depends on the dog)....

Most vets won't spay a dog if she is pregnant,but that just depends on the vet....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast