Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leg collapse

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

Last year one of my dogs head collapsed on one side, I was told it was muscle waste and it shouldnt affect her eyes etc, well it did she is blind in one eye and deaf in one ear,in the last week and a half she seems to have trouble feeding,like she has lost feeling in her face, also her legs keep giving way....like in the film bambi when bambi trys to walk, she also keeps walking into things.She does have vets later tonight, but I just wanted other peoples advice on if she will be coming home with me,or should I prepare for the worse, I dont know what leg collapse is a sign of, so would be greatful for any imput,thanks

mfc ~

I don't have any advice for you but wanted to let you know your in our thoughts & prayers. Those vets can do amazing things so hopefully you'll leave there with nothing but good probablities! Let us know.......

Bow Wow Beds

[ February 05, 2004, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: Amberlii ]

Thankyou for your kind words, in four hours I will know. She's beside me as always and is getting lots of hugs and kisses, more than usual and thats usually alot, if the worst is to come and least I know that it was the kindest thing to do, I'd hate for her to suffer. Also my other dog would be heartbroken, so any idea's on how to comfort her for the best would be welcome. I know im sounding negative but thats my way of coping.

Labified Senior Dog Member+ GretaJack's Avatar

You're in my prayers. Take care of yourself
    See Jacob grow http://katiejmcnamara.blogspot.com

Missed Greatly, Forever Remembered. In memory of my lost ones; Moby (9/13/03), Carbon (09/13/03), Tanner (10/16/05), Aries (07/31/07) and Millie (09/25/07).

Senior Dog Member

It sounds like a disorder of the nervous system, its an awful thing and if it is a neural disorder probably best if the dog is euthanized. I have my fingers crossed for you that it is something else and you will be able to take your dog home.
    Lou
    If you want something done ask a busy person to do it.

Well im afraid marnie had to be put to sleep, I am heartbroken, but I know that it was the best thing for her. Last year I was told it was muscle waste, today the vet ( a different one) said it was either a brain tumour or some other thing affecting the brain, like the nerve coming away from the brain, and she had no quality of life. I was with her and will be getting her ashes and I take comfort that she was my buddy for 12 years and that she had a great life with me, and that I did the right thing by her.Im also pleased I got her on the webcam the other day too. My other dog has had lots of cuddles and the vet did say to try and keep things as normal as possible, but she still looks at me as if she hates me!
    Thankyou for all for your kind words, I appreciate it all...and sorry for the long post

Senior Dog Member

terribly sorry for your loss. I hope your other dog brings you comfort.
    Lou
    If you want something done ask a busy person to do it.

She is great, just got to look after her she looks pretty down in the dumps I guess she knows all is not well. I came straight home and started packing the house,im moving on the 14th..so i worked on that for a few hours to keep me busy.

perhaps moving house will help you with your loss. you did the right thing......all our thoughts are with you.

Sorry for your loss That happened to my cat a few years back and he had to be put to sleep. I have his ashes and a bunch of great memories though.
    ♥♥♥"My horses feet are swift as rolling thunder, he carries me away from all my fears, and when the world threatens to fall asunder, his mane is there to wipe away my tears"♥♥♥

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast