Thread: sickly dog

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

Question

hi everyone,

i'm new first time on a forum here. I have a 2 yr old pom. he has been sick for 7 days along with vomit and diareha. he is at the dog hospital. they did some blood test, xrays, but they don't know what's wrong? Has this happened to anyone's dog? i'm so sad and worried.

thanks

Full Member Full Dog Member

Hi, sorry to hear from about your dog.
    The only thing that comes to mind is when my little Doxie was sick in SC, and had a tape worm and I thought I was going to lose him.
    Have they checked your dog for Parvo yet?
    People just don't understand us dog lovers when we
    have such wonderful pets that they are part of the family.
    Keep me posted on your pup. I'll say a little doggie prayer for your dog and you.
    Darlene Brownlee

When our Poms eat turkey they get spouty at both ends. I guess there's something in it that really gets to them.

Other than that, I wouldn't have a clue.

Keep us posted.

Hello,
    First of all, I am not a vet or anywhere qualified to give a proper diagnosis. I just lost my dog yesterday and would like to offer something so any pet lover does not have to go through the pain our family is feeling right now. Two nights ago, my dog began to vomit and have diarhea. Yesterday moring, I took her to our vet. He did a series of tests including blood tests and felt maybe she ate something bad and gave her a shot and some medicine. When I took her home, she was weak and I just monitored her and let her rest. She never woke up. I have never felt so much pain and guilt as i'm still lost for words. I called another vet and he suspects it's Pancreatitis. So I have been searching the web for more information and that is how I found this forum. I am not trying to scare you but please search the web for "pancreatitis" for symptoms and ask your vet. I sincerely hope your dog feels better. I just don't want anyone to go through what I am going through right now, feeling I didn't do enough for my baby, that I didn't foresee all the possibilities....etc. Best wishes.

PS My dog (Yorkshire)was only 4 years old, 100% healthy with routine vet visits until 2 nights ago. What ever caused her death came suddenly and unexpectedly.

they did a parvo test on him and he doesnt have it. thanks for the prayer punky tail.

im very sorry to hear for your loss lostforwords
    and thank you for your advice and the links.

we visted him today he's better than he was. he's still tired and weak, but he's walking a bit and the diareha stopped for now.

Did he get any human food over the holiday?

Unhappy

So sorry to hear about pet problems and losses.

I lost several of my beloved friends. Here's a link that may help. I think I posted it before.

http://www.cyberhideaway.com/RainbowBridge/

I think it may have been this one.
    http://www.petloss.com/

[ December 05, 2003, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: PixelQ ]
    I love cats too.