Thread: bumps and lumps

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

Hi -

I have a 15 month old mini dachshund that has been struggling with some sort of allergy or strange skin condition for the past while. he has been to the vet tonnes of times, and as for now he is on a two week course of antibiotics. the skin issue takes the form of little lumps in his skin, about 3/4 the size of a pencil eraser. they don't seem to itch at all, though he does scratch his face and feet alot. the vet (i have seen two different vets) want to put him on antihistamines - but I worry because it is just treating the symptom and not the cause. He is on a duck and potato hypoallergenic formula kibble, as well as antibiotics, and this morning i noticed another lump on his forhead. the allergy tests will run about 400 bucks.....and at this point i am not sure what other options i have. i have tried switching his food to RAW and he just looks at his dish and at me as if to say ...."so - where's my food because this is gross...."

If anyone has had experience with short coated, or even doxie, skin issues I would welcome any suggestions.

Thanks!

What sort of cleaners have you used on your floors? Have you switched detergents? Seems like you've pretty much ruled out a food allergy.

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

i stopped using all cleaners on the carpet and in his house. for his bedding i use sunlight detergent in the washing machine.