Thread: "And we all Went to Heaven in a Little Row Boat"

Blog Entries

"And we all Went to Heaven in a Little Row Boat"

My neighbors own three dogs. The first is a rescue named goldy, the second, another rescue named Kenoe (sp), and the third, their son's dog, Amy. Goldy was the "mum" of the pack and Amy the alpha. Kenoe, loved them all and instigated trouble. Fence door is open, Goldy would stay in... unless Kenoe walked out and would look at Goldy like, "Come on, it'kll be fun!" She would roll on her back everytime she'd see you and let you scratch her tummy. She was the cool athletic dog.

A snake was apparently disturbed. Judging by Kenoe's war wounds, she put up quite a fight. It looks like she pulled away when the snake bit because she was evidently bitten but had long scars down her. No one found a snake body. Kenoe was never agressive and wasn't a hunter like Kiev. Kiev might get away from something agressive because she hunts for food and canines who do that generally don't attack something that will fight back. Thgat doesn't mean Kiev might not act like a house dog anyways, or might accidently startle a snake so even though she sleeps inside with us on her own will, she'll be in a bedroom for safety reasons (during the day she only goes outside to go potty).

Kenoe looked like she fought back and hard and what had hurt her. She probably realized it could hurt any one of her pack and it is in her personality to play with things. Her love for her family was very evident though and she'd fight anything that bit first. They found her in the morning. The mother knew because a while back Goldy got bitten, but not to this extreme of fighting back. They were too late for Kenoe. She recognized the bite immidieatly because it waas like Goldy's. All she could do was make her comfortable.

Amy taught Goldy and Kenoe to bark at people and cars when they were outside. They didn't bark when I got home form my walk. I looked out the window and Goldy had her ears pressed againstt her head. Amy, the loudmouth, dind't bark once at me when I came home. She was leaning against the wall, sitting in a hole Kenoe dug; the hole Kenoe would sleep in on hot days.

We all loved you, Kenoe. You were my favorite in the beighbor's yard.

Awwwww bless the poor doggie R.I.P

DuckDodgers Senior Dog Member+
    Poor Kenoe! We have to watch our pups for snakes. We have a ton of water moccassins in our yard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty-Buck
    Poor Kenoe! We have to watch our pups for snakes. We have a ton of water moccassins in our yard
    That's what bit her.

Poor Kenoe. I'm sure she's playing and having fun at Rainbow Bridge.
    HASTA LA VIZSLA, BABY!!
    Dash Jan 28/05-Oct 08/10

Aww, poor baby - I'm so sorry!

There's a real post to bring on the tears.