Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!!!!!!!!! (Update so far...PIPPYS HOME!)

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

Exclamation

I need to know what you all think? Two of our chihuahuas has stop eating and drinking. One of them who is 9 months old threw up about 4 times friday night and refuses to eat or drink. Actually, we got him to drink a little bit last night, but not much. Also, I woke up to him eating a rawhide stick. But nothin' else. My other chihuahua is 8 months is doin' the same thing. She threw up about 4 times saturday and will not drink or eat anything. I managed to force some water from a dropper down her so she won't get dehydrated, plus she has diarehea. I'm not sure if the other one does..but I don't think he does. What do you all think is wrong with them????

[ February 26, 2004, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Mr.Pipples ]

GO TO THE VETS. the one with diarrhoea and vomiting could have anything from a number of things and the other could catch it.
    Dehydration is very serious and requires an intravenous drip, the little water you are forcing in would not be enough. Go before you lose one of them.

Full Member Full Dog Member

I agree go to the VET ASAP
    Let us know how you make out.

Unhappy

I am so sad to say that Precious Liberty Valentino passed away this morning before her vet appointment. . The earliest the vet could get us in was at 2:00 pm and we took that opening, unfortunately she couldn't make it that long. I am sooo much in tears right now. I keep seeing her just laying there helpless not able to move where she was so weak. We still have the appointment though for the other one. Hopeful we caught whatever they got in time for him. I will keep you all informed on what is happening with my dear little Pippy who is scared and doesn't know what is goin' on. Please pray for our family for they all were very attached to Precious and very sadden to this news. At least she is in a better place, where all her pain is gone. I will always remember her little waggy dance that she did everytime you call her name. . I'll be back to post after I get back from the vet, right now it's to hard for me thinking about her and what might happen to Mr.Pippy. Please Pray.

I am sorry to hear about your dog I know it's hard to lose a pet especially since their apart of the family I hope your other dog is ok.It saddens me to even think about anyones pet dying. You and your family are in my prayers. Lisa

Sorry to hear about your loss....
    Love Me, Love My Dog!

So sorry to hear of your loss....hugs and prayers to you.

I am so, so sorry that one of your babies did'nt make it in time for the vets, as it came on so suddenly you probably would have had a fighting battle, will be interesting to find out what it was. I will pray that you don't lose your other best friend. Pleassseee let us know how she goes. Hugs to you and your family at this very sad time.

Finally, I'm back from the vets and doing some errands on what had to be done with Precious. So for right now here's what going with dear little Pippy. Pippy looked scared, he didn't know what was goin on. The vet ended up giving him a Parvo test, and well it ended up he had just that. We don't know how him or Precious could of gotten that since they were only in our yard and nowhere else. The vet is gonna keep him for 3-4 days and keep him on fluids and all that other stuff. The vet said we caught it at an early stage. No diahrea (i know spelt that wrong)with blood in it. He has been vommiting, but not with blood. Good thing. His age (9 mos.). Good thing. Why, because the vet said he had a better chance of survival. Now here comes the BAD THING. She said that with his size and how tiny he is, its very hard to keep the IV and etc. in. She said most dogs his size that they treat for parvo, 70% of them live. After we left the vet I ended up calling them about a 45 later to check up on him. This was at 5:30 Eastern. They had already hooked him up to fluids and so far he was doing good. We have to go back up there at 8 in the morning to pay the rest of the deposit and I will have them give me an update on him. Hopefully it will be a good one. Pippy is a fighter. He has fought this disease we are guessing for 4 days now from the first night he started throwing up...and he's still going strong. Precious on the other hand it hit her hard and she couldn't handle it. She, though, fought till her last breath. I feel bad of having to watch her suffer, if only we could of got to the vet sooner. I will post tomorrow on update on our precious lil' Pippy. It's 10 pm here right now, and me and my b/f are both wore out to where we only slept an hour the night before. But hey we had to. We wanted to be with Precious and give her all the lovins in the world. Which we did. I told her I was sorry for all of this and asked god to watch over her and take care of her if he had to take her from us. The last thing I said to her was that I was sorry for everything and she didn't derserve any of what happened and I loved her with all my heart and always will and that she was goin' to a better place where nothin' could hurt her ever again. Then I kissed her little forehead and said a prayer for her. An hour later, she ended up taking her last breath. . But as again, update on Pippy after visiting the vet tomorrow. I ask again, Please Keep Us In Your Prayers. God Bless!

Thought it sounded like parvo, but then I thought no, you would have them vaccinated, so I did'nt say.
    Lesson learned I guess, you will have a lot of probs. as parvo can be carried on your shoes etc.
    It stays wherever, and can be picked up by your dog, the vet I'm sure will advise, but from memory it can stay on your property for 1 - 2 years.
    Not sure if the infected dog can catch it again, but any new pup can get it or unvaccinated dogs.
    Deadly as you can see, and very quick, normally 24 hours. I am very sorry for your loss, hope your family can get some sleep, Mr Pipples in our prayers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast