Thread: Puppy has lump on her neck

Full Member Full Dog Member

Puppy has lump on her neck

I noticed today that my 7 week old Chesapeake puppy has a lump on her neck. It's right above her shoulders, and it's about the size of a quarter, and it's pretty swollen. It's just in her hide\skin, not in the actual muscle, if that makes sense. I'm wondering if she was bitten by some bug or spider, or what else it might be. Should I give it a couple days and see if it changes, or should I take her to the vet right away? I don't have a lot of money to take her to the vet if it's just something that's going to go away. Any suggestions of what I should do?

Derf

When you touch it does it:
    A...feel hot?
    B...cause pain?
    Any other symptoms...vomiting, diarrohea, shaking, etc?

Couch Potato Senior Dog Member+Senior Dog Moderator Dax's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Has your pup had shots recently. It's been in the forum before and I know Ariel had a lump (just about same place). In both cases the lumps vanished on their own in a matter of days.

The best advice I would offer is to monitor it closely for changes in size (larger), consistency and the items Ellie mentioned (of course). Other than that -give it time and try not to worry.

Senior Dog Member weimlover0816's Avatar
    Roslynd had a HUGE lump on her shoulder when she got all her puppy shots last year... I was so worried about it because it didn't show up until about a week after the shots. Sure enough, she had her 1-year boosters 2 Fridays ago, and this weekend the lump all of a sudden appeared... It was quite large this time, but shrunk to the size of a dime in a day... it's still there right now, but doesn't bother her.... it will be gone in a few days....

Sorry to go on and on... .sometimes it helps to hear the whole story, though, from someone else.... because you may have been thinking "Well, puppy had her shots a week ago, so it couldn't be that....." when, in fact, it could be.

Just keep an eye on it, like Dax and Ellierat said. Good luck!
    got weimaraner?

Full Member Full Dog Member
    The lump doesn't seem to bother her, And YES, she had shots about 1 week ago. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know what happens.

Derf

I was thinking shots too.
    Just keep an eye on it unless the pup has some symptoms like what Ellierat suggested.