Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm not new.. but..

Back for a minute.. Senior Dog Member ChandraRae's Avatar

I'm not new.. but..

After editing the heck out of my original entry, I wanted to share the Intro I did for Harley.. in its entirety!

Here ya go...
    "I thought it was completely obvious by now that I have no idea what I'm doing."

Count the Cotons Senior Dog Moderator Moo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...Where? :P
    ♫ Come and knock on our door.... ♪

Couch Potato Senior Dog Member+Senior Dog Moderator Dax's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In invisible ink? Are you playing with me? I'm old you know.. the voices in my head are laughing at me.

LOL working on it Moo.. have to get the pics uploaded to support the story!
    "I thought it was completely obvious by now that I have no idea what I'm doing."

Count the Cotons Senior Dog Moderator Moo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    lol. Thought maybe I was going blind...

Good thing I didn't say: "Gee thanks for sharing, that's awesome"
    ♫ Come and knock on our door.... ♪

My name is Harley. My Mom insists my middle name is Wayne. Since I canít read, I havenít been able to verify this information for myself, so Iím somewhat skeptical. She and Dad only use my whole name when Iím in big trouble, so I hear it pretty often!

Iím a Sheltie, thatís Shetland Sheepdog for those of you who are not current on dog breed nicknames. I havenít ever seen a sheep though, so I donít really know what I would do with one if I saw it. My humans say I am big for a Sheltie, I think I am just perfect.

Like my Mom, I was born in Missouri and moved out of state pretty quickly. I was born on July 10th of 2001 in a small town called Oak Grove. Mom and Dad picked me out when I was just three weeks old but I didnít go live with them until a couple of months later.

I still remember my very first road trip well. It probably wasnít a very bad trip but I cried the whole way. My humans were a little worried but they figured out I was just missing my canine family. When we got to my new home, there was food, water, toys, and a nice soft bed for me. One of my very first activities was to run around the apartment and mark my territory everywhere! Mom and Dad scolded me and so I learned pretty fast that I should not use their carpet as my potty.

Over the course of the first two years of my life, we moved around a lot. Mom said I get that more from her side than Dadís. Of all the places Iíve lived so far, I think my favorite was California.

There was a big backyard all for me and my great-grandpa (but I just call him Grandpa) took care of me. For a little while, I had a friend who stayed with us. Karla and I would run and play and have a great time. I was pretty sad when she went home.

Sometimes, my great-uncle Steve would come over to do some yard work so I got to see him, too. The yard wasnít really all mine, there were four turtles that lived there, too, but they never wanted to play. I guess turtles just like to eat and sleep mostly. Seems pretty boring to me but I might feel that way if I moved as slowly as they do!

For a little while, my Dad drove a truck and I lived with him and Mom in a big eighteen-wheeler.

There wasnít a whole lot of room inside the cab, where we stayed, but we were happy. During the day, when Dad was driving, I got to sleep on the bed and I even had my own pillow.

Also, the cab was big enough for me to walk around a little bit and we have some rugs down so if I decide to sleep on the floor, itís pretty comfortable.

One of my favorite things to do was to sit on Momís lap. She let me sit there as long as I laid down. Once, I tried to sit on Dadís lap while he was driving and I got in REALLY big trouble. Mom said I might cause a wreck but I tried to explain that I just wanted to help drive.

They still said I couldnít be up there while Dad was driving. Sometimes, I donít think they realize just how human I really am. Thatís alright, though, I am pretty spoiled for a dog!

Another thing that I love to do is play fetch or tug-of war. Mostly I played with Mom while Dad was driving and when we would stop, heíd take me outside and weíd play then. My toy of choice was a stuffed elephant. Mom called it my baby and no matter how I tried to explain that boy dogs do NOT have babies, she wouldnít stop! Just as long as she doesnít call it that in front of any of my friends, I will let it slide.

Along the road, there were plenty of things which allowed me to take part in every dogís favorite pastime: Barking. There was a little window at floor level by Momís seat where I could sit or lay and look out at the passing road. From my spot I could see all kinds of neat things. My humans donít always understand why I bark and I donít understand why they donít bark at anything! How could any dog, or human for that matter, not bark at bridges, airplanes, clouds, trains, other vehicles or those crazy orange barrels in construction zones!

I would LOVE to be able to eat one of those, or at least chew on it, or maybe mark it as my own in that very canine way.

Thatís all from me for now.. Hope you enjoyed my little story!

Couch Potato Senior Dog Member+Senior Dog Moderator Dax's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That was great... I feel I know you. {PS Great fun Chandra}

Dax,

thanks! I was telling Moo.. its part of a book I'm working on...

Echo Senior Dog Member+ southern_girl09's Avatar
    Thats really good!
    -Erin
    Echo(APBT)&Tattoo(JRT)

Nice to meet you, Harley!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast