Thread: my dog is shaking!

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

Exclamation

help! My dog is shaking , her head is shaking and her body is slightly. She hasn't been acting diffent since i got home, and I havent seen her scratch her ears or anything like that. I'll look out for it and post back if i do, But what are the possible things that could be wrong with her? We have cold weather, 20 degrees to -10 right now, But she has lived here (alaska) All her life.. Can anyone help? Thanks

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

I assume you have figured something out by now... My husky would get what we call seisures... for no apparent reason. We went to the vet and of course no sign of the symptoms. Everything else would check out normal too. The vet did ask us if it was possible that our dog had gotten into any kind of narcotics... (No way with us we are 100% drug free) because he had seen dogs and cats brought in by their owners because they didn't know what was wrong and their pets were actually high on pot or cocaine. But we also have an elderly woman (grandmother), who has lots of medications that could have mistakenly been dropped on the floor that lives with us. She also feeds the dogs very inappropriate foods....

These episodes that she has maybe happens 1 or 2 times a year and i think it is some kind of reaction to something - she get a little puss in the crack of her nose when this happens.... so i think it may be some kind inner-nose infection that bothers her.

So let me know what has happened in the meantime....

Full Member Full Dog Member

Before your dog started shaking was she outside? Maybe she just got really cold. My mini shakes in the winter when shes real cold and she also "vibrates" when she is extremely nervous...like when she is at the vet.
    Also, she gets seizures like Snash mentioned. It has happened to her twice lately. Its really nerve wracking.
    Has she done it sense then??
    Lady~ You're my Doodle-Bug...I love ya tons!!

Frosty~ You're my Doofus...nobody can replace ya!