Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pig Ears?

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

I have a 5 1/2 month Siberian Husky, female. She loves pig ears. I usually give one to her every other day or whenever I have to get something done so she doesn't bother me. ARE PIG EARS GOOD FOR HER? I give her the Nylabones but she really doesn't like those anymore. I went through all the different flavors and she still doesn't like it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
    -Pat

Full Member Full Dog Member

We give our horses pig ears, beef tendons, and cow hooves. They adore them all! I haven't heard anything bad about those things, and my 14 year-old dog doesn't seem to have had any ill effects.

Whoops! I wrote horses where I meant dogs. Sorry about that. We DO NOT give our horses any meat-type products. Sorry about the spaz-hand. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I had a Husky who loved pig ears. Then she contracted hepitits, I believe the pig ears where the cause of it. So I stopped giving them to her. My advice is to be cautious.
    Love Me, Love My Dog!

Senior Dog Member

My last dog didn't chew on pig ears - he just broke off chunks and swallowed them. Then about 1/2 hour later - they came back up. I would watch her to make sure she's not doing that. Also - be careful - as huskies tend to have sensitive stomachs!

that's weird cause a lot of people have said that huskies have senstive stomachs but from what i've notice my husky doesn't have a senstive stomach. she eats her food fine (eukanuba medium breed, also the lamb & rice formula). she doesn't throw up or have diaria.
    -Pat

Alot of people give their dogs pig ears. But pork can give dogs pancreatitis. It happened to my dog. My vet says that dogs do not digest pork very well. Have you ever heared of Greenies. I havent met a dog yet that dosent go crazy for them. They are all natural and great for their teeth. Ill bet your dog wouldnt mind giving up the pig ears for a Greenie.

My dog loves Greenies! They'll do absolutely anything for one. Has anyone else ever tasted them? I had to try it because they don't have an advertised flavour. Well they taste a little like country ham, lol. But it makes their breathe smell good and cleans their teeth.

We used to give our dogs (not horses Bearsmom haha) pigs ears and cowhooves, but then we discovered that the cowshooves made the dog's breath smell like really bad manure. We thought it was maybe from the cows standing in it?? In any event, we stopped giving them though. They loved them. They'd be gone in minutes, literally.
    Lady~ You're my Doodle-Bug...I love ya tons!!

Frosty~ You're my Doofus...nobody can replace ya!

I've given up on good breath. My old dog has always had the worst, worst breath. My younger dog's breath isn't so bad. They eat horse manure and love it, so I have no idea if it's the hooves or the manure causing whatever breath they're having... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast