Thread: teddy bear haircut for Lhasa Apso

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

Question teddy bear haircut for Lhasa Apso

I have a Lhasa Apso and I saw on one site that you can have a "Teddy Bear"haircut,where can I find picture (pictures) of such haircut.
    Thank you.

Hi the teddy bear haircut can me many different things to different groomers - but I own a Lhasa cross (more lhasa than anything) and she has a version of the teddy bear - shorter on the body longer on the legs and the teddy bear head. Its a very personal preferance as to how long you have it -ut I like long fluffy legs and closer on the body.Hope these pics help I took them just after i groomed her last time.

you can have skirts - i dont shes too fuzzy on her sides and they just stick out!!

I was a groomer for a very long time I've never heard it called a teddy bear before lol

Count the Cotons Senior Dog Moderator Moo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Groomers refer to how they do my dog's face a teddy-variation, but I didn't know that there was a teddy bear body-cut too...
    ♫ Come and knock on our door.... ♪

Where I am any trim on a dog like mine is classed as a teddy bear trim - its open to interpretation - i take the request with a pinch of salt and quiz the owners thoroughly on what they want!!

Suz did you groom her yourself? She looks teddy-rific
    She's a real beauty!

Dobes Rule :) Senior Dog Member+ Luvmyjob's Avatar
    In the land of taxation with wacked out representation!
    Suz your dog looks cute! My version of a "teddy bear" would be using a clip-on comb, then scissor to shape. I would also take off the length of the ear hair shaping to a rounded end. Sorry, no pics! I do this clip on a lot of Maltese'.
    It is easier to find a score of men wise enough to discover the truth than to find one intrepid enough, in the face of opposition, to stand up for it. ~A.A. Hodge

Yep I groom her myself - im a dog groomer!! She normally has short ears same length as her head hair - was trying something different, i didnt like it lol so she is back to normal now - like this

I know im biased but i think shes beautiful too!!