Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

Hello

i'm pretty new here. i joined a few months ago but lost track of it(until i was wished a happy b-day by a member)

i am on the Horse Foum and i have an 8 year old mare who is 8 months pregnant(she is due late March)

i also have two 5 month old Golden Retriever pups. Chena's Golden Sunrise(AKA Chena, female) and Kenai's Golden Sunset(AKA Kenai, male). Chena and Kenai are a river and village in Alaska where my family is from.

i've had one other dog before, another Golden Retriever named Kobuk's Golden Boardwalk(Kobuk, male) and he was a runt. but such a good dog. he was let go at age 11. he was a few months short of 12. he had cancer of the liver and heart. i miss him very much.

i hope to keep popping around this forum and learn more about dogs

KC

Couch Potato Senior Dog Member+Senior Dog Moderator Dax's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome back to the forum. I am so glad you found us again. It sounds like you have wonderful pets. I can't wait to see pictures of your pups, your mare (she must be huge now), and of course the foal when she delivers.

My condolences for your dog that recently went to wait for you at the rainbow bridge. It sounds like he was well loved and lovingly remembered. A good and fitting life for a dog.

Welcome again & keep posting. BTW - Happy 16th.

i have a pic of the pups when we first got them(i need to find the more recent ones) and a few pics of my mare.

poor pups love being in the back at the barn but Fiona HATES it. Chena ran infront of her and good thing she kept running cuz Fiona lashed out w/ one leg.

Kenai's my main barn dog. he behaves so much better then Chena and i dont have to worry about him at night.

the picture w/ everyone in it is recent. Kenai is the darker pup, and Chena is the lighter, and Fiona...well, i think you can figure it

1-all of us, Kenai is the darker, Chena is the lighter and Fiona...well i think u can guess which one she is LOL
    2-Fiona
    3-Fiona and I during the first snow this year

KC
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    ~*Chelsea*~
    Kenai's Golden Sunset-Golden Retriever
    Chena's Golden Sunrise-Golden Retriever
    Fiona's First Class-OldenburgXArabian

Blog Entries
    The pups are incredible. They look really nice. Are you riding bareback in the last one? She's a fine looking mare. One white sock... I like it - Very attractive!. When I was a kid we had a gelding called twospot with very similar markings & colorings.

Nothing like horses & dogs!

Count the Cotons Senior Dog Moderator Moo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forum, and what beautiful puppies! I will love to hear more from you.

Merry Christmas.
    ♫ Come and knock on our door.... ♪

i am riding bareback in the lat pic Dax

but i dont need to anymore...she lost the foal earlier this morning...its been a really hard morning and an aweful christmas

BBJ
    ~*Chelsea*~

Blog Entries
    I'm so sorry - that is just terrible for you. How is the mare? Will she be able to have another one?

You have my deepest condolences for this loss of the future.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss . Is mamma ok ? What happened ?
    The only thing better than having a dog , is having two !

Fiona is ok now...it turned out that she had twins.

2 gorgeous lil grls. they were very small becuz they still had 3 months left to develop and since they were twins they were going to be small.

they were my dream girls. both were so gorgeous. the 2nd foal that the vet found was suppose to live. she had a heart on her forehead w/ a wavy stripe all the way to her nose.

Fiona will be able to have another pregnancy. i got a Live Foal Garuantee from the stallion so i get to try again, but most likely in 2006.

the first filly was dead inside her and that's y Fiona aborted it and foaled early. i'm just so glad(and lucky) that Fiona pulled through safely and that she didnt abort when she was due, if she had she most likely would have died.

thank you for your support

KC(Merry Cristmas)
    ~*Chelsea*~

Worriaholic Senior Dog Member+ BabyElephant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    First of all I am sorry to hear about your horse, you must be really sad right now, my thoughts are with you on this one.

Secondly, those dogs of yours are gorgeous, I have never ever seen Golden Retrievers that dark, I think they are a beautiful colour. Breeders in the UK seem to be breeding them lighter and lighter, most Golden Retrievers in the UK that I see are white.
    Quote Originally Posted by micki View Post
    Lipsticks are lost everyday but love is forever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast