Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog has loose tooth; HELP!

Dog has loose tooth; HELP!

My english bulldog, Sophie has a REAL LOOSE tooth. All of her teeth in the front are real small. Her K9s are huge but the front teeth are TINY!!!! I don't know much about dogs but this one tooth is VERY VERY VERY wiggley. I can push it all the way down and sophie doesnt pull away when i do this. Do you think i should pull it out. It has been this way for quite a while and it wont fall out...

PLEASE HELP!!!!! I have no idea what i should do!!!!

Any suggestions would be useful.. I don't want to just pull out the tooth and hurt my doggie

I dont think you should touch it. If if falls out while she eats then let it be. Call your vet and see what he says. Umm if shes past a certain age those teeth wont grow back. Is she young?
    I'm a superhero with no powers or motivation. - eXile

Count the Cotons Senior Dog Moderator Moo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How old is she? I'd just toss her a bone, or play tug to get it over with. My guy's loose teeth bled all over me, but once they were out, we were fine. He lost most of them at once, and he looked really funny with no teeth in front though.
    ♫ Come and knock on our door.... ♪

Senior Dog Member crazy_for_corgis's Avatar
    I'd just leave it alone and let it fall out naturally.
    RIP Nikki my sweet Angel........

If it doesn't come out within a couple of days, offer an apple to chew on, dogs love vegies too. That should move it.
    Don't let a baby tooth be retained for too long, if you notice a change in color of it, like a black to green, seek vet attention.
    Retained Baby Teeth can cause problems of a medical side and not only of appearance.

Sophie's about 8-9 years old so she is not young. The thing is that this tooth is longer then most of her front teeth. It's about twice as long as all the other ones. It's so loose that if I push it down, I can see the gap as if it were out.

It's not falling out naturally though because it's been there for atleast 6 mons. I think that since it's such a long tooth, it looks like it has a real long root to it.

Whenever Sophie is playing with a dog chew and I pull it from her mouth to play tug n' war, she immediately drops it when it hits the tooth. So I think it might be bothering her.

Couch Potato Senior Dog Member+Senior Dog Moderator Dax's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think we all assumed this was a pup. I would take her to the vet so it can be safely removed.

Ok. I will pop a call to my vet. I guess that is the safest way to go.

Thanks, Everyone!

Hmmm ok you know what, if its really that wigly, i suggest you feed her an apple or something like Ellierat suggested. Shes older and tooth wont grow back. I know a chiwawa with all 3 front teeth out. Shes doing just fine. Actually, ive heard that alot of small breed dogs end up losing there teeth because of bacteria accumlates alot easier in those small mouths. Whatever the case is, its probably annoying her so just give her something that will take it out.
    I'm a superhero with no powers or motivation. - eXile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast