Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erm.. The food skipping..

Erm.. The food skipping..

Is this bad to do this? Like, one day, we dont feed the dog. The next day, we do. Then someday we dont feed him again. Last time, I didn't feed him for two days. I don't feed him for one day sometimes because it is raining, too dark, or something like that. >>;

Erm, I have a relitive.. I won't tell you what relitive it is, the age, or the name. He said that the dog will get weaker if you keep on doing it. It made me quite nervous. Everytime I forget to feed my dog, I am nervous. Today, I forgot to feed him again but Its too dark. When you reply and it is bad, I might go outside right now and feed him no matter what. That is a might which is another word for maybe which means I am not sure if I will do that. >>; >>; Okay, -waits for a reply-

Angry

Let's put it this way - how would you like it if someone forgot to feed you.

There's your answer,
    A Lab and two Border Collies - can it get any better than this......

I would be starving.. oo;

Couch Potato Senior Dog Member+Senior Dog Moderator Dax's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How could you forget to feed him? Didn't you spend time with him today? You need to go feed him and make sure that everyday he is given food and clean water. BTW you would certainly enjoy him more if while you were out there - you played with him 1/2 hour.

Count the Cotons Senior Dog Moderator Moo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would definitely say, NO to that. I don't understand why you don't feed the dog... It's ok once in a while, if you get trapped out, and you can't come home for your dog, nothing is going to happen if he skips one day, but not long turn.

But my dog for instance, is very finicky, and if he skips two meals (one whole day), he will be vomitting all over the place, and start tearing up walls and carpetting, and become lethargic. When you do feed him, does he eat it all at once, and quickly? Then you're starving him. Please feed your dog.

Since he isn't living in the hosue with you, I would suggest that you let him feed hismelf. That is, you fill up his bowl, lots, and let him graze from it whenever he is hungry.... So, you only have to fill the bowl when it is empty.
    ♫ Come and knock on our door.... ♪

He used to be in the house and I hardly used the computer because I was playing with him much. -Sighs- I remember him always going under my mom's bed. But then, my mom suggested him to go outside. I begged, "No!" but she didn't listen. >=[ I want him back home! Come back Zacky!

Count the Cotons Senior Dog Moderator Moo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tell your mom to close the bedroom door.
    ♫ Come and knock on our door.... ♪

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member
    My mom always had her dogs outside and still fed them. Try to get yourself on some sort of schedual - feed him/her at 7 am then again at 5 or 6 pm - even if it's dark, they should still eat. The only real time they should really skip a meal is if

A: Like Moo said, you get trapped
    or
    B: Your dog is sick and then you need to feed him/her a light meal or no meal at all depending on what your vet says....

Good luck with this problem.

Your dog needs to be fed, have clean water and attention/play time with you every day. Do you have a flashlight so you can feed him if it is dark? Please, please, if you are going to keep this dog, take good care of him and spend time with him. He is dependent on you to give him a good life. If you can't fulfill that, perhaps a new home should be looked into. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but he can't take care of himself. Be a good pet owner and take responsibility for him.
    There is nothing more pure and uncomplicated as the love and devotion of our canine kids!

Dobermonster Mom Senior Dog Member+ dobermom's Avatar
    I hate to restate the obvious, BUT you have to FEED YOUR DOG!!!
    Sounds like you need to spend more time with him also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast