Thread: Food for liver probs

Full Member Full Dog Member

My pup was diagnosed with high liver enzymes and his vet has switched his food to Hills prescriptive L/D. He took a liking to it during his first few days (his appetite was really low - which led me to have him tested and sadly diagnosed with this liver prob) so seeing him eat again was really great but now he refuses to eat it and I'm so worried since he is losing weight and is just 5months old! Which brings me to my question: would anyone know what other food I can feed him that will also be beneficial to his liver? My vet mentioned vegees and fruits, thats great! But would anyone also know what vegees/fruits are not allowed? I've been getting desperate about his lack of appetite so any help will hugely be appreciated!!!! Pls help

Ruth,
    I wish I could help you but Ive never had a dog with liver problems. I would just call you vet back and speak to him. He may want to see your dog again or he could just advise you over the phone on what veggies and fruits to feed him. Good Luck!!

Thanks for your reply crystal but its considered a long holiday here due to the holy week. So, if anyone mite know what vegees or fruits are good for dogs, pls give me some tips thanks!

well, could anyone atleast tell me if they know of any vegetable or fruit thats not good for dogs? im starting to shop already to make his meal more interesting and I dont want to have to give him something that aint good for him. Hope to get some response....thanks in advance!