Thread: Sadie the mom and puppies, update!

TG I'm a country girl Senior Dog Member+ doglovin's Avatar

Sadie the mom and puppies, update!

Thought i would post how the pattern seems to go after birthing and as pups grow.

Sadie is doing well,she drinks excesive amounts of fliuds as the puppies are drinking lots as well,lol!She is now taking short breaks away from her brood when they sleep,and will spend as much as 10 minutes away at a time,then quickly back to her nest to feed.

Puppies have almost doubled in size already.I hope to have our new camera by tomorrow so i can start taking puppy pic's!They will be one week old tomorrow,weren't they born just yesterday?They are so precious!If i get the camera tomorrow i promise to post pic's here right away."sigh",only one more week till their eyes are open,my,it does go so fast.
    Last edited by doglovin; 03-01-2005 at 09:54 AM.
    My Rotti's: Chanae&Dunamis
    "My black and Tan Heartthrobs"
    R.I.P. King&Annie

Must be great to experience the birth. Are you taking time off work to care for the puppies like how does it work? I dont know if youve mentioned it somewhere or something but are you a breedeR?
    I'm a superhero with no powers or motivation. - eXile

exile- The miracle of birth is wonderful! I am homeschooled,so that does make it easier to watch the pups.Look after Sadie the mom,exc.I no longer need to wake up during the night,as they are a week old tomorrow.But,u know,pup squeels,and i'm there wondering whats going on.

We are not a "registerd breeder",as u would say.Annie [sadie's mom] has had three litters, her third was her last.She is my baby,and we are very cautious not to overbreed.Annie is not registerd,simply because we chose not to,she is from registerd parents,and we have bred her,those three times to a proven reg. stud.We chose to breed Annie,after exstensive research and meeting talking to other breeders.Annie,has been qualified with a health certificate to breeding.Having her hips,legs,eyes,and heart checked.My mom is VERY strict about what homes they go to.This is what we find,the most important part to having a litter of puppies.Finding the right home,it takes cautious investigation,as chihuahua's in this area are common for puppy mills,and chinese people as well,buy them,and sell them to chinese markets for 4 X what they pay for them.Their is so much to it then just having a litter.But we are not into the 3 by 3,chihuahua show dog,but rather getting back to the older style.The "new chihuahua", is a tiny and boxed,short back,short legs,smaller ears huge buggy eyes and preferably under 5 lbs.The older chihuahua, is long in the body,with tall legs,properly porportioned to body length,big eyes set well in,and large butterfly ears,preferably under 8 lbs,NO larger than 10 lbs at proper weight.
    R.I.P. King&Annie

Ohhh ok. You seem like you really know what you are doing. I hope you didnt take it the wrong way. Theres alot of people who breed and know nothing about it. Cant wait to see the pups. What are they? Labs?
    I'm a superhero with no powers or motivation. - eXile

Quote Originally Posted by eXile
    Ohhh ok. You seem like you really know what you are doing. I hope you didnt take it the wrong way. Theres alot of people who breed and know nothing about it. Cant wait to see the pups. What are they? Labs?
    Nope !I apreciate people who are concerned with people who breed just for the sake of having pups!We have experienced this through people who come to us,in desparation to find chihuahua pups from a good enviroment.And dealing with rescue dogs or all sorts and sizes,from mills,or have experienced troubles with them.

They are chihuahua puppies.You can see pics of their birth in the breeding section under SADIE HAD HER PUPPIES!I was able to borrow a camera for the actual whelping !
    R.I.P. King&Annie