Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Tie

No Tie

My female, Sharon, is now in standing heat. My male, Ozzy, has mounted ect but they have yet to tie. Both have been thoroughly tested and are absolutely perfect- from thier pearly white teeth to their perfect hips. Besides the fact that they are named after the Osbournes, any idea why they haven't managed a tie? This is the first mating. Both are a bit over 2yrs old.

Thanks for anything you can offer.

Oh sorry, they are Shitzus!

Are you trying to breed them?
    I'm a superhero with no powers or motivation. - eXile

Numerous reasons, first one is maybe she is not quite ready.
    When you say Tie, do you mean he mates her successfully but doesn't stay tied or they are not mating yet?

Yes, we are trying. Our vet has been great, but she says everything is good with both. We already have 27 interested parties, friends, co workers, teachers, doctors.... everyone loves our dogs, and I guess us. We have eliminated quite a few, some have 'outisise dogs' who stay in pens or chained up....and this is Wisconsin! I can't stand that, I have gone and taken the neighbors retriever indoors on colder nights and hot nights. They must have gotten the hint because they now tell me when they are going to be out f town so I can plan to look out for the poor guy. Anyway, off subject......

Yes we are trying to breed

You still need to clarify, I am not really worried about your intentions of breeding, etc. as that is none of my business.
    I only want to advise you on what might be the problem.
    When you say they are trying, do you mean he has actually mated or not. Or does he seem to be trying to do the job but just drop off her back panting like mad.

I'm sorry..got carried away- had to remind the neighbor we are due for a snow storm tonight. He replied 'we are going out, I have off tomorrow'. So Butch is now sleeping soundly in my sons room, he's nuetured.

Anyway, yes they mate and he 'dismounts' panting away. Sometimes he rests breifly leaning on her back as a rest, other times he dismounts rather quickly.

Thanks for being so prompt!!

Yes, I happen to be online, but gotta go shortly to pick up my son he's been away on school camp, so I will help while I have a minute.

Doesn't sound like he is actually penentrating. You need to look at them side on and see if he is penentrating or just getting the 'feel'.
    Have you witnessed a tie before, do you know what to look for? Has your male mated before?

Talking

I have witnessed a tie, I don't beleive the have made a tie. He is swollen afterwards and side view. with furry behinds, appears he is penetrating. He has not mated before. They are newbies

Righty ho, sounds like he is missing the mark then, are there any differences in their height? Is she growling at him at all when he penentrates?
    Do you hold them at all while mating? How often do you put them together for the mating?

You only have a few days to sort it out before she goes 'off' so you need to be quick. How long has she been standing for and does she move her tail right out of the way for him?

They are together when we are at home. Grandma & PaPa watch him during the work hours. She does move her tail for him, happily I might add!

I am going to have to hold her for him, she is a little bigger than him.
    I was shown how to hold her head under my arm while sitting on the floor.
    I did try lastnight but my boy has such manners he would not mount her.
    She is on Day 2 of standing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast