Thread: Rest in Peace, Gracie Lou

Senior Dog Member CowGirlUp1833's Avatar

Rest in Peace, Gracie Lou

Two Summers ago I adopted a German Shepard pup from the local Humane Society. I named her Gracie Lou (Or Lou Lou) She was such a great pup....she was about 6 months old when I brought her home. Her and my Dane Mix Bella soon became inseperable. Both of them would sleep on the bed together, the couch together or look out the window for bunnies together. The also both loved to RUN! I had to get dual e-collars for the yard to keep them safe.

My favorite story is the day we took Lou Lou to the lake for the first time. LOL She'd never seen water like that before. Bella... loves to swim, she ran to the end of the dock and without hesitation flew in after some ducks. Gracie thought she would follow, but I don't think she realized that water isn't solid ground...she flew off the dock as boldy as Bella- then **SPLASH** "Yip Yip Yip- Gasp"

I've never laughed so hard or ran so fast....we had to pull her out (All 60 lbs of her) by the scruff of her neck! The look on her face was priceless....and only something you see in the cartoons! She never went near that water again!

Gracie Past away last Christmas.... She and Bella ignored the e-collars and ran after some bunnies together.... They ran in front of a truck. Thank God it missed Bella but Gracie didn't fair so well. She died at the scene before I could get to her. I've honestly never cried so hard in my life.... I just held her body and pet her and told her how sorry I was that I couldn't fix it.

Anyway, sorry that got long, just wanted to share. I don't ever want to forget our Gracie Lou, so its good to talk about her.... Thanks for reading.

Kimberly
    ~Kimberly~
    3's Company
    Bella~Sassy~Axel

Couch Potato Senior Dog Member+Senior Dog Moderator Dax's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you have some wonderful memories of her to keep forever. No matter how long they live - they leave us too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DaxAriel's Toy
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you have some wonderful memories of her to keep forever. No matter how long they live - they leave us too soon.
    Yeah, she was just barely a year old....
    ~Kimberly~
    3's Company
    Bella~Sassy~Axel

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member
    Very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and yours.
    Shane Johnson
    Lakota

Quote Originally Posted by lakota14
    Very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and yours.

Thank you, she was a great dog...I've only got 2 pictures of her as I had her for such a short time. I'll try to get them posted here.
    ~Kimberly~
    3's Company
    Bella~Sassy~Axel

TG I'm a country girl Senior Dog Member+ doglovin's Avatar
    thankyou for sharing your story.My sincere condolences to you! She sounds like she was well loved
    My Rotti's: Chanae&Dunamis
    "My black and Tan Heartthrobs"
    R.I.P. King&Annie

Quote Originally Posted by doglovin
    thankyou for sharing your story.My sincere condolences to you! She sounds like she was well loved
    She was...she was a really great dog... I had really looked forward to getting to know the "Grown-up" Gracie.
    ~Kimberly~
    3's Company
    Bella~Sassy~Axel