Thread: What does ROM mean on pedigree?

Full Member Full Dog Member fld20's Avatar

What does ROM mean on pedigree?

Well I was checking my PWC Dahlia's pedigree online and I found a few dogs that have ROM after there name what in the world does that mean ?
    Fallon

Loves Karma Senior Dog Member+ rutylr's Avatar
    This is for ACD
    ACDCA Register of Merit (ROM)
    I. Requirements for ROM title:

In order to be considered for a ROM award the applicant dog or bitch must have:
    A. Earned an AKC Breed Conformation Championship
    B. Earned an AKC Obedience Title of Companion Dog or higher.
    C. Earned one of the following herding titles:
    After September 1, 1995, all applicant dogs must have earned an AKC Herding Started Title or higher. Applicant dogs earning the following herding titles prior to September 1, 1995 are exempt from the AKC Started Title requirement: ACDCA QW or VQW, AKC Pre Trial Tested Title or higher or ASCA Started Leg on cattle or higher.

D. Applicant dogs must have produced offspring with an AKC Championship, AKC CD or higher, and one of the following herding titles: After September 1, 1995 offspring must have earned an AKC Herding Started Title or higher. Offspring earning a QW, VQW, AKC Pre Trial Tested Title or higher or ASCA Started Leg or higher on cattle prior to September 1, 1995 are exempt from the AKC Herding Started Title requirement. Qualifying offspring titles may be earned by one or more offspring.

SG2,URO1,GRCH,UCI Intl CH Kendall HIC,RN,RL1,AOE-L1,CW-ZR1,CW-SR
    BIS,RBIS,RBIMBS,V,UCI Intl/UKC/CH,URO3 Buckwheat RLPX,AOE-P,RE,CW-ZR1,CW-SR,HIC,BN,RL1,AOE-1,RL2,AOE-2,CAA,Total dog
    VP3,UCI Intl/UKC CH, URO1 Darla HIC,CA,Total dog
    BIS,UCI Intl/UKC/CH Dragoon HIC,RLPX,AOE-P,RN,CAA

Master Groomer Senior Dog Member+ Cearbhaill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yep- every breed can have differing requirements.

Senior Dog Member janice bronson's Avatar
    Registry of Merit --- it's an award given, at least in my breed, by the national breed club. in canada you need 5 progeny, 3 ch's, one obed and one working (herding or protection) title for a female and double that becomes an romx. for a male you need 7 progeny, 7 ch's, one obed title and one working. in the u.s. a male has to have 20 ch's. that's for collies, and yes, i think that each breed sets its own because i remember when the collie club of canada adopted the guidelines. the lady who originally proposed it wanted the dog herself to have titles, and it got set up that all that she had to do was produce titles, i put an romx on a bitch who had only a t.t. and some puppy group wins and what not, but i never finished her ch-ship. collies --- they have hair for six weeks twice a year, females, and when you breed you can add ten months in between the next show. so it's tough to do both, be a "star" and a top producer. "fiddle's" mom was both --- but she's a once in a lifetime dog. it's a very good program, tho's, in any breed and i think a breeder should aim towards it as a guideline for managing a dogs producing career.

Here is what the criteria is for our breed:

The Register of Merit title is awarded to BHCA member-owned bassets whose get/produce have acheived AKC or BHCA titles. To be eligible for ROM title, a sire or dam must qualify by one of the following two options.

Option 1) Any AKC title within any of the original four basic BHCA events: Conformation, Field Trial, Obedience and Tracking
    Sires: 7 (must include 4 from either Conformation or Field Trial)
    Dams: 5 (must include 3 from either Conformation or Field Trial)

Option 2) Any AKC or BHCA recognized title in any of these BHCA event areas: Conformation, Field Trial, Obedience, Tracking, Agility, Rally and Hunt Test
    Sires: 9 (must include 5 from either Conformation or Field Trial)
    Dam: 7 (must include 4 from either Conformation or Field Trial)

* If an offspring is a multiple title holder only one title may counted for BHCA ROM purposes.
    * AKC Canine Good Citizenship certificate is not a recognized title for BHCA ROM purposes.
    http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l1.../signature.jpg
    www.savybassets.net
    Tracy Smith
    Proud owner and handler of AKC/UKC Ch. Olde Fashion Agent 99, CGC, TDInc.

Full Member Full Dog Member fld20's Avatar
    Thanks everyone . I went to the Pembroke welsh corgi site and looked it up they had it hid under the title Top Producers which would be why I didnt find it befor . Thanks.
    ROM for males, 10 Champions sired
    ROM for females, 5 Champions produced
    ROMX for males, 15 Champions sired
    ROMX for females, 8 Champions produced