Thread: Another Canadae Victim

Another Canadae Victim

Well, I just started Maia on the new Canadae formula, hoping it wouldn't bother her too much. She had it for the first time last evening, and then this morning. This afternoon the poops are very soft, and she is passing gas again. I know part of this is because we didn't go gradually into the new food, but I'm hoping that she will adjust to it. There's only one other person who buys this food at the pet store, and the owner hadn't heard anything about the new formula making dogs sick. I told him I'd keep him updated as to how Maia does. Right now she is laying on the couch, tooting at me-gross. I sure wish they didn't change the formula. Yech!

Bewunderer der Hunde Dog Moderator FourIsCompany's Avatar
    She'll probably adjust to it if she doesn't have any allergy or digestive sensitivities.

My dog food guy dropped Canidae. Fortunately, I had already switched to Natural Balance Limited Ingredient.

Good luck to your little pooter! Some plain yogurt for the transition might help.

I miss you Denali Senior Dog Member+ Dignity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    you can keep your pup on Canidae and see if they adjust or there are other food options out there such as Natural Balance limited ingredient, California Natural, my pet food store is recommending Health Food For Dogs by breeder's choice.
    Beauty without Vanity; Strength without Insolence; Courage without Ferocity; and all the virtues of Man without his Vices. -- Lord Byron "Epitaph to a Dog"
    ♥ Bone Cancer Awareness ♥ RIP Denali ♥

Meanie in a truck Senior Dog Member+ agilitydog's Avatar
    She is probably reacting to the change in food. If you are looking to continue, I wold give her about a week to adjust. Then you can see a little better how she is doing.

Mine really didn't have a reaction to the new formula but I did combine old and new for two bags.
    Learn from other's mistakes. You will not be alive long enough to make them all on your own
    www.sittraining.blogspot.com

Agility Addict Senior Dog Member+ assortedagility's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Come time that my bag is finished, I am switching my dog to Canidae. I hope she does well on it. It is the only really good food in the area that I can afford. If not, she'll be back on Chicken Soup.
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance it is the illusion of knowledge.

Bite Me. Senior Dog Member+ Maliraptor's Avatar
    My dogs DID adjust to the Canidae, and I am still feeding it. Not ideal food anymore, but it works and price wise is still the best bang for the buck I think...
    "Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too." --Voltaire

Heartcore Senior Dog Member+ AtomicSkies's Avatar
    i switched my girls to california natural and they are doing great on it
    "Life beats us down and crushes the soul...Art reminds us we have one"-unknown...see you later space cowboy...
    I love my mutts but ill never make more...spay and neuter your pets...marriage=♥+♥
    "I want all of you head to toe...heart to soul"-Kurt Halsey

Bee-See-Luv-R Senior Dog Member+ Bclover92's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I switched skye to innova. Its really alot like the old canidae.
    Abby and the Defying Gravity Dogs
    Ammardans Skyes the Limit CGC AX OAJ XF 0/3 AXJ 1/10 MXF 4/10 MX <3 Heart Dog
    DarnFars Footprints on the Moon CGC NA OAJ NF 2/3 OA 1/3 AXJ 1/3 OF *My Reason to Smile*
    Heaven's Gift Levi Gabriel *Family Friend*

Banned Junior Puppy Member
    I have heard a lot of dogs reacting poorly to the new Canadae food...I personally am not impressed by the food. I feed Orijin to my dogs and they are pooping solid and less frequent, beautiful skin and coat and soaring energy levels.