Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pregnant

Pregnant

Well we just found out that my dad's dog is pregnant! I am excited and worried at the same time she is a mix she was my jae jae's pup. She is a little over a year old which is why I am worried they are planning on getting her fixed after the litter. I believe she is about 3 to 4 weeks pregnant. I will get some pics to post of her.
    "A mutt is couture-the only one like it in the world, and made especially for you."
    -Isaac Mizrahi

If they don't want her to go to term there are some things that the vet can give her to abort them. Being just over a year old, she should carry fine. I don't know what kind of dog she is, but generally the smaller breeds mature faster than the larger ones do. It's a bit too late, but at least they are having her spayed after her litter comes so that this won't happen again.
    Patty Lemke
    www.countrysidebreeders.com
    Breeder of German Shorthaired Pointers

*Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about puppies.*

Full Member Full Dog Member
    Acctually 1 year is a bit too soon. There is a 45 to 70% chance that she will abandon her pups because she doesn't know how to raise them. Dogs should only be breed around the age of 2 or three about the time they are sextually mature. THere is a good reason to be worried.
    Animals are a Wonder. I just want to get into their heads to see what they are thinking. I often have times when I stay home and pretend to be a animal to get a glimps of what it is like.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyoko
    There is a 45 to 70% chance that she will abandon her pups because she doesn't know how to raise them.
    That's where our jobs as breeders come into play, right?
    Patty Lemke
    www.countrysidebreeders.com
    Breeder of German Shorthaired Pointers

*Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about puppies.*

Sure does. Lol. I always try my best to do that.
    Animals are a Wonder. I just want to get into their heads to see what they are thinking. I often have times when I stay home and pretend to be a animal to get a glimps of what it is like.

Ideal breeding age for a female is three years old but ask alot of breeders(sorry folks) and alot of them and wait and breed earlier and say it is ok. A one year old mother canine is like having a 13 to 16 year old human giving birth, she can do it but the risks and complications can be many. Just remember prenatal vitamins, exercise and periodic check ups will aid in monitoring your dads baby. Eve

Yes indeed. 3 years is the time I breed my females. I always try to find the best stud of champion bloodlines. They turn out beautiful and have heathy temperments. Other dogs I rescue from pounds. Just doing my duty. All of the Rescued dogs are neutered or Spayed. Lol.

Well my dad's dog gave birth today she did great no problems and we have two very adorable little puppies. One boy and one girl. I am going to get some pics for sure. Mom
    is also doing great!
    "A mutt is couture-the only one like it in the world, and made especially for you."
    -Isaac Mizrahi

Wahoooo PICTURES! I can't wait!
    I am glad everything turned out well for you all.
    Congrats!

Couch Potato Senior Dog Member+Senior Dog Moderator Dax's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Congrats Lindsi.. hugs and kiss to mom and pups. Pat on the back for dad (grand dad now?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast