Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I really need help......

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

I really need help......

My 2 year old Golden lab was bleeding for about 9 days and she got jumped by another male black lab..it has been four days and she is still bleeding....I just want to know if she is pregnant.....and what are the really early signs that she is pregnant.. can anyone help me....Thanks in advance....Canuckgurl

oh yeah they were stuck butt to butt for about 10 mins. and my dog initiated the dirty deed!!!
    Last edited by Canuckgurl; 04-21-2005 at 07:53 AM. Reason: needed to add something

Got Sheltie? Senior Dog Member+ weezyNollie's Avatar
    Dogs cannot get pregnant while they are bleeding or in heat. It's the stage before the bleeding. Just like in humans. Are you trying to breed her? You should get her spayed if this was an accident, cause I'm sure it will happen again.
    The Herding Herd.
    Brooke, Weezy, Ollie, and Ralphie

www.coloradoanimalrescue.org

thanks....so i shouldn't worry about her being pregnant.......

i heard that she can get pregnant after her bleeding.....

Got Sheltie? Senior Dog Member+ weezyNollie's Avatar
    I suppose anything is possible, but the time that is before the bleeding stage is the time that the conception happens. If you want to be safe, I would watch for any signs that she is pregnant.. nesting, strange behavior etc.
    The Herding Herd.
    Brooke, Weezy, Ollie, and Ralphie

www.coloradoanimalrescue.org

1 wags, 1 wiggles Senior Dog Member+ RiverKayleesMuM's Avatar
    they are supposed to be bred after they stop bleeding so no worries!
    Come on, lets dance!

thanks guys......this is a great message board......

Estrus Cycle is divided into 4 groups:

Anestrusis the rest time between heats.

Proestrus is the first days of heat, swelling of the vulva , start of blood , the follicles containing the eggs mature over a few to nine days. Fertilization cannot happen at this stage.

Esterus or standing heat is when the female will accept the male. Her blood will turn to a lighter shade of red or straw colored. She will exhibit behavior like lifting her tail rubbing her rear end against objects and moving her rear end sideways. This behavior is called flagging. To test if she is flagging, rub your palm down her back to the base of her tail. If she lifts her rear end up in the air she is flagging. Ovulation occurs during this 4-7 day flagging stage. If you are going to breed do it within the 4-7 days. ( Average bitch ovulates on Day 11 of her heat cycle ) Breeding on days 10 12 14 or Larger breeds may be best to breed 8 10 12

Metestrus is the stage that readies the uterus for pregnancy. If fertilization does occur the fertilized eggs take up to a week before they attach themselves to the uterine wall.

If fertilization does not occurs this stage reverts back to anestrus.
    Patty Lemke
    www.countrysidebreeders.com
    Breeder of German Shorthaired Pointers

*Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about puppies.*

her bleeding is still bright red...and this is 4 days after she has locked with the male....

Worriaholic Senior Dog Member+ BabyElephant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hate to tell you this but your dog could be pregnant. Many dogs bleed for the whole of their heat cycle (like my dog did) and she obviously permitted this dog to mount so it must have been the right time of her cycle otherwise she would have done her best not to let him. Bleeding for 9 days and then mating sounds about the right time for her to be in her standing heat - when she allows male dogs to mate with her. They tied (when they were butt to butt) so this increases the chances even more.

The best thing for you to do is to contact your vet, they may still be able to give her something to stop the eggs implanting - a bit like the morning after pill for humans. She will still continue to bleed even if she is pregnant so you need to get her looked at - she will need a lot of care and attention if she is pregnant.
    Quote Originally Posted by micki View Post
    Lipsticks are lost everyday but love is forever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast