Thread: Blacky

Blacky

Blacky was a dog, a dog no one wanted. During the night someone dropped him off at our house. The next morning while we were eating we heard our dog Spot growl and snarl, so we went outside. The first person outside was my mom, followed by me and my brother, fortunately my dad came outside last. When we came out there was this big solid black dog standing in our yard.. I named him Blacky. From that day on Blacky was MY dog, we did everything together, ran around the yard, sit lazily outside in summer eating icecream, he would always keep Spot at bay, hopeing that any unwanted icecream would be HIS, and it was his. All of this was back when I was around 3-4 years old, I didn't know icecream was bad for dogs.. When I was 5 I started kindergarten, Blacky was always there when I left, and when I came home, his tail would be waging nonstop. Those were the days, I was happy, I had "my" own kitty and a dog who would put his life down to save mine. A couple months before 1st grade we moved to town, and had to get rid of Blacky, he knew what was going to happen, he didn't want to leave me, I was his human, and he was my dog. He hid under the porch and wouldn't come back out, so my mom crawled under and got a collar and leash on him, he was going to live at my grandpa's house.. miles away from me... he knew that he wasn't going to live with me anymore... It was better than I had thought when he was living out there, I could go and visit him whenever I asked my parents. One day my grandparents called to tell us that Blacky disappeared.. My parents took me out there shortly after, I called and called for him, and he never came back.. Blacky was gone, most likely he was shot.. he left during deer season, and there were hunters out.. That night I cried and cried, and blamed my parents saying it was their fault and that if we didn't move, my Blacky would still be alive, but it wasn't their fault, it was Blacky's choice to leave..
    Now we have Rudy, But he will never fill the void Blacky left behind, Rudy isn't "my" dog, he loves everyone, Blacky loved me more than anyone else.

Blacky almost looked like a solid black wolf/husky mix, he may have had some german shepard in him too, either way, in my eyes he was beautiful.

Thanks to letting me bring back some of the good memories of Blacky, he's in my heart forever..

T

Senior Dog Member CowGirlUp1833's Avatar
    I'm soo sorry for your loss. I have lost a loved pet also, it is very hard. I'm sure Blackie is somewhere playing in the green fields over the rainbow bridge.
    ~Kimberly~
    3's Company
    Bella~Sassy~Axel

Couch Potato Senior Dog Member+Senior Dog Moderator Dax's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It sounds like Blacky made a lasting impression on you. He gets to live on in your warm memories of him. It's obvious that kind of love can't die but must be shared among new "blackys".

Thank you for sharing your memories of him - he does sound amazing.

Cowgirl- He's pobably chasing little critters and running until his heart is content, up in dog heaven.

Dax- unfortunately I have only 1 pic of him, but memories will last a lifetime.

Thanks for letting me share some of the memories of Blacky, they bring back alot of memories of good times and fun with my dog.

T

Full Member Full Dog Member
    A while back I found the purest black dog, tail down like a wolf at the pound. I felt so sorry for him. I asked the adoption manager and she told me they would put him down because he might be more wolf than anything. Within that instant it was like he could hear what happened and started this desprate howl. I took him home, having to buy a permit just in case and Found out he had raibes and that he was whole wolf. I was sad. That reminds me just like the dog blacky in your story kinda doesn't it?

OTherwise truly sorry!!!
    Animals are a Wonder. I just want to get into their heads to see what they are thinking. I often have times when I stay home and pretend to be a animal to get a glimps of what it is like.