Thread: should i help her

Full Member Full Dog Member doechow's Avatar

Exclamation should i help her

in my sreach to find a dog i ran across a guy that is trying to find his pit bull a new home. its not the bred i was looking for but she is so sweet she is black with white paws and chest. but he has to give her away b/c he cant afford to feed her she is so skinny and she is also in need of some medical help about 4 days ago a stray dog found her and tried to breed her and she truned and bit him and it started a fight when he pulled them apart she had a hole in her face right below the eye and maybe a 1/2 inch above the lip the hole is pretty deep and it has a smell to it(not good ) it is draining and just nasty he cant afford to feed her or the vet bills. i think i might take her in. but what are my chances of me taking her to a vet and them not saying something about her being a pit? would they try and take her from me? i need to make a descison today

They wont say anything about the breed. As a matter most vets are against ALL BSL and feel they havent gotten to speak about it. The breed thing will never be a problem but you said she fought. Thats not something too positive because she might harm your dog if she is dog aggro. Toughy...
    I'm a superhero with no powers or motivation. - eXile

she isn't aggresive i took her out last night with two other dogs a male pitbull and a male min pin that belonged to a frined of mine she was fine the only thing that she will do is snapp at a dog if they try to breed with her. when she snapped at that dog he fought back cusing a fight. she was fine last night. i took her back to him and told him to let me think about it. the only thing i dont like is that she pulls on the leash and that sometimes you have to yell the comands to get her listen if she is playing.

If she isnt dog aggro then i wouldnt see a problem with taking her in. As you said she obviously isnt in good condition and the owner cant pay for vet bills. If you can afford to take her in then i would think its a good idea. Maybe you can just be a foster parent temporarily untill you can find a permament home. Unless ofcourse you want to keep her. How old is she BTW?
    I'm a superhero with no powers or motivation. - eXile

Some females will fight a dog if they are not ready to be bred. If she is in heat, I would not take her around other dogs at all. She does not need to become pregnant on top of her other medical problems. A bitch in that kind of shape medically could die whelping.

She sounds like she really needs a good and loving home. A dog like that could possible make a much much better pet, she will be so very grateful for any love you give her.

About her pulling while on the lead, she may not have been trained at all on the leash, so it may be just a matter of working with her.

Such a sad story. Good Luck and keep us posted.

she is 2 years and 3 months

Gotta love bunnays. Senior Dog Member+ *chihuahuagirl*'s Avatar
    I think you should help if she is not agressive. But thats my opinion. I would try to help, But thats becuse my mom works at a vet.

well i cant help her i went over and got her today for a few hours. while i had her she tried to "eat" my cat. my cat was also allergic to her see keept sneezing. then she tried to eat another dog for braking at her and while she was there a few people came over and a male friend tried to give me a hand shake and she was sitting beside me and she jumped up and bit him!!(hes ok)she also doesn't take comands very well and she also didn't like the horses.when i went to retuen her the guy said that she has already bit 3 people!! so i guess it not going to work.

Echo Senior Dog Member+ southern_girl09's Avatar
    If she is aggresive, she needs to be put down. A Pit Bull can not be human aggresive. That is a BIG no. She needs to be put with soemone who can train her, or she needs to be put down, because it sounds like she is human aggresive if she bit a person for shaking your hand. There is a fine line between dog and human aggression.
    -Erin
    Echo(APBT)&Tattoo(JRT)

thats what her owner said he said that if he cant find her a home soon that he is going to have to put her down.