Thread: Dog fight!!!!!!

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

My sisters large dog and my beagle do not get along at all theyve already got into 2 fights and split the big 1`s ear! Gross!I cant get them to get along I found the big 1 Sugar and Peanut the beagle I`ve had her for about 5 yrs now and she isnt spayed she is so territorial(sp?) I dont want my baby to get killed HELP!
    P.S. I`m new at this place
    beagle_brat12<br />*Peanut*my 6y/o beagle<br />*Sugar Baby* 3y/o mutt<br />*Callie*1y/o barn cat<br />*Stripes*3y/o barn cat<br />*Grey*26 y/o QH<br />*Mac*15 y/o QH mix<br />*Jett*2y/o Mini horse<br />*Belle*4y/o Mini horse<br />*Winnie*2y/o Mini Horse<br />*Big Ben*4y/o Pony<br />*Cloud* 1y/o Parakeet Hen<br />*Blue*1y/o Parakeet ****

Well first off, why isn't she spayed? Secondly if you know they have a history of fighting, they need to be restrained and observed when together.

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

Well first of all I dont have the money to spay her just yet and secondly I didnt know they would fight the first time and the second time the big one broke her leash and attacked her and she is too old to be spayed she is already turned to a mature adult and what if I wanted to breed her ?
    beagle_brat12<br />*Peanut*my 6y/o beagle<br />*Sugar Baby* 3y/o mutt<br />*Callie*1y/o barn cat<br />*Stripes*3y/o barn cat<br />*Grey*26 y/o QH<br />*Mac*15 y/o QH mix<br />*Jett*2y/o Mini horse<br />*Belle*4y/o Mini horse<br />*Winnie*2y/o Mini Horse<br />*Big Ben*4y/o Pony<br />*Cloud* 1y/o Parakeet Hen<br />*Blue*1y/o Parakeet ****

I'm sorry but I was not being rude in anyway. And there is no such thing as "being too old to be spayed."

Mom and WSS Breeder Senior Dog Member+ NicoleLJ's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you don't even have the money to spay her why in the world would you want to attempt to breed her. I don't think Dawn was being the least bit rude. She has offered a lot of wonderful support and help to people on this list. You asked the question. If you didn't want peoples opinions and suggestions then you shouldn't have posted it. Plus why weren't both the dogs on a leash and restrained while they meet for the first time. I always have my dog on a leash the first time they meet another dog. That way if their is any sign what so ever of aggression I or the other owner can step in and stop it before anything damaging happens. I would not suggest you breed her because if you can control her or protect her how are you going to do that for a bunch of puppies? Breeding is best left for the experts who have done all the research and have the money. Get her fixed and keep her on a leash when around other dogs until you know it is safe. Plus if neither you or your sister can control your dogs then keep them separated. And Dawn is right they can be spayed at any age.

Senior Dog Member

getting a dog spayed is just the responsible thing to do. Is your dog extremely valuble? Is she a multiple show champion or performance trial champion? is she a really well thought of working dog? If the answer is no to more than one of these questions then you shouldnt even be considering breeding from her. As long as she is fit and healthy enough to cope with the anaesthetic she is still young enough to be spayed.
    If you want something done ask a busy person to do it.