Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Puppy doesn't clean herself???

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

Puppy.

You should NEVER take a puppy from it's mom until it is 8 weeks old. Your pup has not learned from it's mother about cleaning itself. Now, YOU have to teach it, or always wipe it.

^Corgwn Madness^ Senior Dog Member+
    Quote Originally Posted by marian.vosters View Post
    You should NEVER take a puppy from it's mom until it is 8 weeks old. Your pup has not learned from it's mother about cleaning itself. Now, YOU have to teach it, or always wipe it.
    Again, This thread is old, the user has not been on in some time since. Plus, I does not sound as if you took the time to read "why" the user had the puppy at this age. And at this point your just parroting what has already been said, you get NO smart points for that.

Registered Junior Puppy Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ann404 View Post
    Ok this may be a gross question, but this 4 1/2 week old puppy I got doesn't clean herself much. She is always wet there and I have to wipe her sometimes. Will she learn how to do this??? I'm thinking she could get an infection???
    Otherwise she is doing great, eating, playing, and already gained about 5ozs. I hope to post a picture of her soon; we named her Bradie. Her little bumps and sores (from the fleas) are healing too - she is so cute and quite a little handfull
    Hi ann404
    I know this thread was long ago
    But i have same problem now with my puppy
    So i would like to know how it went with you

Registered Junior Puppy Member

puppy too young

Quote Originally Posted by JTP View Post
    She'll be fine, while not optimal, this sort of thing happens a lot.
    Take care of the pup, and it will all be fine.
    in a week, or so, it will be 6 weeks old, and doing well.
    Brandie should still be with her mom and littermates at 4 weeks old. Shame on the breeder - if you can even call them a breeder. If I were you, take her back and seek a good reputable breeder that has babies you can bring home after 8 weeks at the very earliest.
    If you intend on keeping this baby, you must really be proactive in teaching her cleanliness, socializing, anything she would learn from mom and siblings. Then, be prepared to deal with the things you are unable to teach her that she would only learn from her furry family such as nipping too hard. You are now mom, so, start thinking like her mom and her siblings. Sad we still have people discarding puppies half their time they are ready. Sad for puppy.

Jmo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12