Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my dog is still bleeding after attempted breading

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

my dog is still bleeding after attempted breading

my dog is in her second heat ind her second week of heat. i took her to my buddys to bread. she said they locked up but three days have gone by and my dog is still bleeding all over the place with no signs of stopping. i dont know if dogs still bleed after their pregnant.. if they do how long do they bleed for?? or did my buddy lie to me??

Loves Karma Senior Dog Member+ rutylr's Avatar
    It is called Breeding.They will still bleed for a while.I sugest a vet visit.We are not vets and can not see your dog.
    SG2,URO1,GRCH,UCI Intl CH Kendall HIC,RN,RL1,AOE-L1,CW-ZR1,CW-SR
    BIS,RBIS,RBIMBS,V,UCI Intl/UKC/CH,URO3 Buckwheat RLPX,AOE-P,RE,CW-ZR1,CW-SR,HIC,BN,RL1,AOE-1,RL2,AOE-2,CAA,Total dog
    VP3,UCI Intl/UKC CH, URO1 Darla HIC,CA,Total dog
    BIS,UCI Intl/UKC/CH Dragoon HIC,RLPX,AOE-P,RN,CAA

Senior Dog Member+ groominglady's Avatar
    Dogs have a different cycle than humans. Their physiology is different, and yes, they will continue to be in heat and receptive even after breeding.

Study up, britia. You have a whole bunch to learn in the next 63 days. Save up, too: whelping is pretty darn expensive.

thanks for the quick responses.. groominglady what are some things i should be prepaired for in the next 63 days??

Senior Dog Member+ groominglady's Avatar
    Yipes - you ask a lot from me - I can only help a little over the interwebz, but honestly, a mentor is your best bet.

Canine Reproduction and Whelping by Myra Savant Harris, R.N. is a good basic resource book. Buy that now.

I have a dog show to go to in five minutes (wish me luck, everyone!) so I cannot go into depth, but there are several experienced breeders here who may be willing to give you what to watch out for or panic over.

(A word to the wise: it is a very good idea to come prepared with your dog's breed, knowledge of OFA status, and some competitive background to be taken as anything other than a back-yard breeder here, or in most forums, for that matter. It shows you are serious about bettering your chosen breed rather than a run-of-the-mill backyard breeder. I do not flame as a rule, but be aware that this is the ONLY area in this forum you can ask without getting the works.)

Have a repro vet on hand. Have your dog checked during the pregnancy to see that the whelps are developing properly and your bitch is doing well.

Find a well-respected breeder in your chosen breed who may be willing to mentor you. You may have to pay for the service, at this point.

Banned (temp) Senior Dog Member+
    Blog Entries
    To answer your question, the end of bleeding in a heat, as seperate hormone , can vary female to female. ( and that is putting it very vaguely.)
    However- I think its a great idea for you to speak to your vet, and your mentor.

thank you for all your help

BoxerProtector Senior Dog Member+ Vintage Boxers's Avatar
    Hope there was enough yeast in the bread....sigh

Time to start googling, and asking all the questions you can...*head desk*
    Vintage Boxers LLC
    www.vintageboxers.com
    Beauty, Brains and the Build to Carry it!

After breading your dog, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pan. Season to taste and bake until golden brown.

LOVES THE CHACHERS! Senior Dog Member+ Dana ramey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by notanumber View Post
    After breading your dog, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pan. Season to taste and bake until golden brown.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
    Muzzle a dog and he will bark out of the other end.
    "A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself."
    -- Josh Billings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast