Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New topical Flea product-similar to Frontline?

24/7 Stockdog Senior Dog Member HeelerHeaven's Avatar

New topical Flea product-similar to Frontline?

I saw a commercial the other night for a "generic" frontline..(same ingredients, different name,ect) its called Pet Armor
    http://petarmor.com/works/compare.ph...FchI2godgyIWSg

Im curious if anyone knows what Im talking about and/or has tried it, and if so, your results?
    A good leader whispers...
    a wannabe yells.

Double Dew Dare Ya! Senior Dog Member+ BluEyedHusky's Avatar
    I actually just saw this somewhere and wondering what it was because I've never heard of it. Looks like the same makers of Frontline. I know there is always a downside to the cheaper version for something like this.. I will wait for others to try and hear reviews before I buy it.
    Proud mother of 2 Siberian Huskies and a Beauceron that thinks she's a Husky.
    Sheza Blue Eyed Diva CTL1-H (Roxy)
    Glowing Ember de Nanrox (Ember)
    CB Blake (Blake)

24/7 Stockdog Senior Dog Member HeelerHeaven's Avatar
    that is what Im afraid of..

I like saving money, but if it doesnt work as well or contains something "not good"..I wont sacrifce to save..

Frontline works VERY well for me..but it is alittle expensive.
    A good leader whispers...
    a wannabe yells.

Ya, my thoughts exactly. There is usually a reason why it's cheaper. Lets just say I tried bio-spot awhile ago and will never 'cheapen' out without reading up on it again. Roxy had a mild reaction, mostly really itchy. Blake was fine but when I lived at home I put it on Roxy for the first time and a few weeks later my dad's cat died. I then read that it can kill cats.

I still have like 5 months left of Frontline Top Spot so maybe by the time I run out and need it which will probably be next year, hopefully there will be more reviews from customers on it.
    CB Blake (Blake)

Senior Dog Member+
    It's cheaper because it's a generic- the drug patent on fipronil ran out. Just like with generics for human drugs, they can be cheaper for various reasons and just as effective.
    Cait & Critters
    Jack (Dock Jumping Generi-spitz), Lizzie (Medium Demonspitz), and Image (UCH Image vom Alt-Ostland)

Glitches Be Crazy Senior Dog Moderator RoughCollies's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm assuming if it the same concentration it could still be split in the same way as Frontline? So that two collies can still use one tube of the big stuff as can one GSD and a Whippet?

Cause saving money is a good thing.
    Glitch - Shannon Down Wreck it Ralph
    Spencer Sprout Dixie

Sugar Rush Whippets

Since it is the same concentration of ingredients, does that mean that I could still buy one large dog tube and split it up between the cats and ferrets? My big dogs split one as well. I'd be hesitant to try it till there are some good solid reviews out there...

Quote Originally Posted by RoughCollies View Post
    I'm assuming if it the same concentration it could still be split in the same way as Frontline? So that two collies can still use one tube of the big stuff as can one GSD and a Whippet?

Cause saving money is a good thing.
    What do you mean split one tube? I guess I never used the method.. please tell me more
    CB Blake (Blake)

^Corgwn Madness^ Senior Dog Member+
    Just as Dogstar said, the patent on the drug ran out and went up on the open market. I just saw this about a week ago for the first time while in Walmart. I was of coarse skeptical, and sure enough I flipped over to another larger sites forum, and someone has stated that their vet has tried numerous times to get the MSDS information out of them, and they refuse. Many others have had the same issue. I guess it is something to NEVER trust a company who wont give that information.

As for tube splitting, I'd also like to know, as I'm currently splitting between Enda and Noods.

Quote Originally Posted by ~WelshStump~ View Post
    Just as Dogstar said, the patent on the drug ran out and went up on the open market. I just saw this about a week ago for the first time while in Walmart. I was of coarse skeptical, and sure enough I flipped over to another larger sites forum, and someone has stated that their vet has tried numerous times to get the MSDS information out of them, and they refuse. Many others have had the same issue. I guess it is something to NEVER trust a company who wont give that information.

As for tube splitting, I'd also like to know, as I'm currently splitting between Enda and Noods.
    So it's made by a different company then Frontline? I really haven't done any research and it sure looks alot like Frontline but i guess that's the point.

If I could split a tube with say Ember and Roxy until she is older, that would be awesome so please spill the beans
    CB Blake (Blake)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast