Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dog should be 6 wks pregnant

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

Cool My dog should be 6 wks pregnant

Does my dog look 6 weeks pregnant? I bred her purposely fyi, to a beautiful sire (:
    "John 3:16- For God so LOVED the world, he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him, shall have eternal life."

There is no photo in your post. In any case, have you done an ultrasound or scheduled an xray for next week or thereabouts?

Mini aussie

Hi, sorry, I thought i posted the picture. Here is it. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "John 3:16- For God so LOVED the world, he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him, shall have eternal life."

Quote Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
    There is no photo in your post. In any case, have you done an ultrasound or scheduled an xray for next week or thereabouts?
    Yeah, I am having an xray week 8, to check and make sure the puppies aren't too large. But I would like to see if anyone else thinks she looks preg, before I spend that money (i guess i should know before week eight but very anxious!)

Senior Dog Member+
    No way to tell you from that picture if your dog is pregnant or not, even if she looks pregnant.
    The only way to know for sure is to take the dog to a vet.
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened."
    ~Anatole France

How people treat you is their Karma, how you react is yours.

Couch Potato City
    Blog Entries
    The xray at day 55 will tell you if she is pregnant, how many, and how big. This should be done regardless even if she isn't pregnant. The reason why is suppose she is pregnant but with just one pup ie more easy to hide. This could very well create a serious situation with her.

I can not tell by the photo either. Has she seen the vet in the last 6 weeks?

There is absolutely no way to tell from that photo. She needs an xray if you suspect pregnancy for the previous listed reasons.
    http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l1.../signature.jpg
    www.savybassets.net
    Tracy Smith
    Proud owner and handler of AKC/UKC Ch. Olde Fashion Agent 99, CGC, TDInc.

Quote Originally Posted by miniaussieluver View Post
    Yeah, I am having an xray week 8, to check and make sure the puppies aren't too large. But I would like to see if anyone else thinks she looks preg, before I spend that money (i guess i should know before week eight but very anxious!)
    If you know the bitch was bred, then there's never an excuse to not spend the money. Especially for a small breed, since they can and do often have serious whelping complications.

Full Member Full Dog Member
    Post more photos, but she does seem a bit full near her ribcage, but it is hard to say whether your dog or pregnant or not. When my Shih-tzu was breed, she was pregnant with only 2 puppies. I knew she was pregnant at 5 weeks, but I saw many signs before that, but she only had a small bulge at 5 weeks. You really should have a vet examine her, best of luck!

This tread is from 2011, the op has never been back.
    Serenity begins when you stop expecting and start accepting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast