Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do people hate poodles?

Senior Dog Member
    I am not a fan of white poodles. There is nothing wrong with them. However, they tend to stain a lot. then again I have never been a fan of all white dogs of any breed for this same reason. As far as temperament goes, I have never seen a badly behaved poodle. I have no experience with poodles personally, but I hear from friends who own them that they are very smart and easy to train.

Count the Cotons Senior Dog Moderator Moo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle11502 View Post
    I am not a fan of white poodles. There is nothing wrong with them. However, they tend to stain a lot. then again I have never been a fan of all white dogs of any breed for this same reason.
    Hey.

♫ Come and knock on our door.... ♪

Senior Dog Member
    lol I didn't say I hate them lolol. I just don't want one. I had a white husky years ago that was just horrible to keep up on with the stains. Huskies just loveee to play in mud and he was no different. Brown and yellowish stains. I never did find a good product to get rid of it. My Shannaya although black/white was stained orange for two weeks after she grabbed a hold of my son's spaghetti!!

More dogs than sense Senior Dog Member+ Diamond T's Avatar
    Our white Parsons get dingy, but never stained. Not even the white beard.

Blog Entries
    some white dogs seem to get more stained then others lol Gem looks spotless at all times despite the messes she gets herself into! and some dogs nothing seems to get stains out.

that said I want a white standard poodle one day just so I can colour it on a whim lol
    Shayna and Happy CGN FM, Paisley CRN-CL CRNT , Gem CGN CRN-CL CRNT CRA-CL CRX-CL CRV, CRVX, Gypsy, Sola CGN, and Molly Mae plus the non poochie crew!

Registered Junior Puppy Member Poodle Hound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond T View Post
    The original reason for the 'pom poms' on their sides are actually supposed to be over their kidneys. The poodle was originally a hunting dog and bred to leap into icy water. The patches of hair are left to keep their vital organs warm and protect them from the shock of the water. That is why most of the chest is covered. Same as the hair left over the joints. With the shaved parts it keeps them free to swim and not weigh them down but protecting them from cold water. Much the same as with the PWD except they just have a lion cut. I do admit that the show trim is much overdone, but once I learned the historical reason I was fine with it and then I have learned the appreciation for the artistry in proper grooming. I call them topiary dogs. A poodle can be a blast to show, they have fantastic personality and have a great sense of humor.
    yeah and the pom pom on the tail acted as a flag so the hunter wouldnt loose the dog in the water

Registered Junior Puppy Member Poodle Hound's Avatar
    Name:  IMG_0027.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  118.6 KBmah standard, sid and mah toy pip
    Attached Images Attached Images  

OllieOllieOxenFree Senior Dog Member+ TheDogWhisperer's Avatar
    Those Poodles are so cute! My dad used to own one just like your Pip, but her name was Tiffany. She was his heart dog, but sadly passed away when he was a teenager.... he's never really gotten over it; that's why he doesn't own a dog now.
    ❤️ GRCH PR MAM He** Has No Fury Like Yuri. "Yuri." Plott. �� "Ace." German Shepherd x Husky. �� Mr. Sparkles Fantastic. "Oliver." Pem Welsh Corgi. ��

a thousand "hellos" make up for the one "goodbye"

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond T View Post
    The original reason for the 'pom poms' on their sides are actually supposed to be over their kidneys. The poodle was originally a hunting dog and bred to leap into icy water. The patches of hair are left to keep their vital organs warm and protect them from the shock of the water. That is why most of the chest is covered. Same as the hair left over the joints. With the shaved parts it keeps them free to swim and not weigh them down but protecting them from cold water. Much the same as with the PWD except they just have a lion cut. I do admit that the show trim is much overdone, but once I learned the historical reason I was fine with it and then I have learned the appreciation for the artistry in proper grooming. I call them topiary dogs. A poodle can be a blast to show, they have fantastic personality and have a great sense of humor.

Thanks for that info! I never knew that, very interesting. Topiary is a good way to describe them! LOL!!
    ~~~ "No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." ~~~
    -Louis Sabin-

Registered Junior Puppy Member

Standard Poodles: The Best Dogs Ever

I own two Poodles. One female Standard and the other a male 'royal' standard. The male is 7 years old, black, and named Rockett. The female, is 6 months, white and named De La Lune, but we call her Luna(or Luna Buna). They are wonderful dos and are hardly 'Fru-fru' dogs. The reason i think people hate Poodles is that they stereotype Poodles as the even more famous and crazy Toy Poodle. In my opinion very small dogs are all a nuisance, unless properly trained and socialized. Luna is however, a very hyper bundle of fluff. Rockett is a patient tolerant dog who loves spending time with us in general. But really all dogs, even the most patient, kind and sweet dogs can be evil. The reason for this is not being socialized at a young age, and trained. So in my opinion Standard Poodles are very intelligent animals (they are the world's second smartest dog on record). They are great family dogs as well. So woot woot for the poodles!

:3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123