Thread: It's Terrible - my dog loves my husband more than me!

Pom Mom Senior Dog Member+ Deb's Tiny Dogs's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unhappy It's Terrible - my dog loves my husband more than me!

This is TERRIBLE and has never happened before in our house! Cali has fallen in love with my husband and is clearly preferring him over me. She sits with him all the time now. When choosing to be upstairs with me or downstairs with him, she chooses him. This has never happened. Maybe it's because he feeds her, although he feeds all the dogs and the other two clearly are mama's boys. I guess we've got a daddy's girl. Well, I don't like it! LOL I'm very jealous!
    Forever my boys, Bogey and Miko. All my love till we meet again.

Couch Potato Senior Dog Member+Senior Dog Moderator Dax's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's likely a phase thing. I would be very jealous too. Lucky for me my dogs are true momma's girls. It's not just the food, it's the toys, the walks.

Mommy Status Senior Dog Member+
    I know exactly how you feel (not with Lilly but other pets I've had in the past). In my experience this happens when one owner gets to do all the fun things with a pet (feed, play, cuddle etc) and the other one has to do that as well as all the not-so-fun things (grooming, cleaning up after etc) - I'm just presuming this is what's happening so please correct me if I'm wrong! Anyway it's not that they like them better - they just like the things the do better! But don't worry because as soon as she needs you or gets sick of your husband she'll come back to you and if that doesn't happen a little bribery never hurts! LOL carry some of her favourite treats and teach her that if she hugs you more you'll give her extra treats! That's what worked for me anyway! Hey at least you've still got 2 mama's boys!
    I've also heard of this happening with some female dogs though - something about some bonding better with males! Crazy girls!

Pom Mom Senior Dog Member+ Deb's Tiny Dogs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hope it isn't a girl dog thing. If it is, this is the last girl dog. I am the mama and mama is queen - at least that's in my not so humble opinion. I play with her tons and give her treats and dance with her and she still runs to him. Go figure!

Da*n dogs anyway! Who needs em? Yeah, right! Ha Ha!
    Forever my boys, Bogey and Miko. All my love till we meet again.

Full Member Full Dog Member
    LOL

I understand what you mean though. I have the sneaky suspicion that Boris likes my husband more, too, when I'm the one he spends most of his time with. It's ok though, the other one likes me more, and my husband has issues getting him to come to him sometimes.

Back for GOOD! Senior Dog Member+ goldensammy's Avatar
    Same thing here as well. I think it's because I do most of the training and obedience, which means the frequent "NO!s", while the hubby is constantly cuddling and giving treats treats galore. So honestly, who would you prefer?!

Sharon
    & Sammy

". . . So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt - because every sixty seconds you spend upset, is a minute of happiness you'll never get back."

haha I hate that to! I guess you have a Daddys Girl. All the dogs love my dad no matter what I do! LOL I guess Dogs have prefernces just like people. I love both my parents but have more incommon with my dad, thats why I like to spend more time around him. Maybe Cali is the same way.

i know how you feel lol chloe likes my grandmother more than me its sad but o well i still have malakai and doby both are major momma's boys..reba loves everyone lol