Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Lady Abigale

Pom Mom Senior Dog Member+ Deb's Tiny Dogs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wishing you comfort as you grieve. One day your tears will turn to smiles of sweet memories of your time together. It will take a while. The other day a song came on the radio that reminded me of my heart dog, Bogey, who has been gone for several years now. I cried like a baby. It's a testament to a great love. I think it's cathartic to allow your grief/tears to just wash over you and to feel it deeply when it comes. It will get easier - promise. {hugs}
    Forever my boys, Bogey and Miko. All my love till we meet again.

Full Member Full Dog Member wliberty's Avatar
    I am so sorry. I wish I could do something to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb's Tiny Dogs View Post
    Wishing you comfort as you grieve. One day your tears will turn to smiles of sweet memories of your time together. It will take a while. The other day a song came on the radio that reminded me of my heart dog, Bogey, who has been gone for several years now. I cried like a baby. It's a testament to a great love. I think it's cathartic to allow your grief/tears to just wash over you and to feel it deeply when it comes. It will get easier - promise. {hugs}
    What great sentiment and advice. I totally agree but I could never state it so well.

Bewunderer der Hunde Dog Moderator FourIsCompany's Avatar
    It's been over a year since B'asia died... I am mentioning this because it's been the hardest death in my life to come to terms with. That includes my parents, my best girlfriend and all animals that I've lost throughout my life. We have cried OFTEN over the past year, anytime we think of her or something reminds us of her.

Last night, my husband and I were sorting our DVD cabinet and we came across the old videos of the dogs... We watched a DVD that I made... "B'asia Arrives on the Scene." She was 16 weeks old and watching that was like having her here again. I sat in the chair mesmerized by her spirit and I felt the love she brought to our home. All four dogs were prominently in the videos and it reminded me of how HAPPY I was when I was surrounded by dogs.

It was a cathartic experience and helped me to shed a little more of the grief that I've felt since her death. For the first time, I honestly feel ready for more dogs in our home.

These things take time. However much time it takes... There have been many times when I thought this dark heaviness of her death would be with me for the rest of my life, but after last night, for the first time, I have hope that I am finally reaching the end of my grief and can move on. It will happen for you, sweetheart. Just feel the grief whenever you need to. Cry if you need to. Let it take its course and let it go. In time, your spirit will lighten and you'll be ready to move forward with the memories of your precious Abigale putting a smile on your face, instead of stinging your eyes with tears.

Hugs to you. And if there's anything I can do, please let me know...

Blog Entries
    FIC you have no idea how comforting your words are. Losing her was like losing a piece of me, a very important piece. I am blessed enough to have her grandson, Galehad, who I hope turns in to half the dog she was. It's odd because little routine things that I did every single day are no longer my routine. I had to make sure there was no bread on the counter because she had a unique talent of opening the bread bag and eating the entire loaf. It was her favorite. I had to make sure that the fan was just right for her because she loved to bask in it during the heat of the day. I no longer have that worry. And it's strange not having those worries and routines that have been in life for years. I told my aunt the other day the next Wolfhound I get will be a girl because I didn't realize how much I would miss the presence of a female IW until she was gone. I always wanted a boy because of their nature and how sensitive they are and how loving they are, not saying the females aren't but they are a bit more independent. Now that she's not here I need another female in the house. Of course that is a long way off, but it is needed, whenever that time may come.

I feel extremely lucky that the puppies were born months before she died because it brings comfort having 2 parts of her that are fresh and new and excited and ready to learn and grow. I think they help me a lot, and I know that one day I will look back and think it was the one of greatest times of my life and although it is also a very heart breaking time, I know I would do it all over again.
    Emma, Mishka (BRT 4.26.14), Galehad (IW 2.7.16) & Gala (Pom Pom 7.31.13)

Hambone (Irish Wolfhound 10.29.09-2.7.17) & Abigale (Irish Wolfhound 3.5.07-6.16)

OllieOllieOxenFree Senior Dog Member+ TheDogWhisperer's Avatar
    I'm sorry you're having a rough day. They will come. Just know that it will be easier eventually, and there will be a time where you can look back with happiness instead of sadness. Abigail is still with you, even if you can't see her. Please feel welcome to blabber all you want--we are all friends here
    ❤️ GRCH PR MAM He** Has No Fury Like Yuri. "Yuri." Plott. �� "Ace." German Shepherd x Husky. �� Mr. Sparkles Fantastic. "Oliver." Pem Welsh Corgi. ��

a thousand "hellos" make up for the one "goodbye"

Blog Entries
    A few days ago marked 6 months of life for the boys, but just days before that marked 6 weeks since we lost Abby. It's weird because it seems to be going so slowly without her. Like the 9 years we had her went by so fast but the time we don't have her here with us is dragging on. I know it's like that with all dogs, their life seems to go by so quickly but once they are gone time almost freezes for a while in a way. I was thinking the other day about how different my mornings are now. My routine use to consist of getting up, letting some of the adult dogs out, taking puppies out, cleaning up after them if needed and then switching out the adult dogs. Abigale was not a morning dog. She understood the simple joy of sleeping in and was never up when I woke up. I would ask her as soon as I went into the living room if she wanted to go out. I was usually given and grunt or a look like, "are you crazy?! you do realize what time it is, right?!" and then she would simply lay her head back down. This was the routine for a long time. She didn't get up when the others did and she enjoyed that time inside by herself without the other dogs bugging her for her bed or tripping over her legs as they rushed to the door. It's almost as if she knew that she would get that hour or two in the morning without being bothered. However, when she decided to wake up for her outside time, she was very persistent and would love to go roam in the yard, take her time, drink her nice cold water and just bask in the sun. She definitely lived life how and when she wanted.

I can't thank you all enough for listening to me ramble on about her life and share these stories. I feel like they need to be shared because these were the parts of her that not many knew or saw. The parts of intimate life with her.

Hambone (Irish Wolfhound 10.29.09-2.7.17) & Abigale (Irish Wolfhound 3.5.07-6.16)

Ramble on. We've all been there and we all understand. Feel free to ramble. We'll understand.

Registered Junior Puppy Member
    Hi all
    Just wanted to say I lost a beloved dog named Friska 12 years ago and in a way have never got over it, but wanted to share a nice site with you all that I made in honor of her with hopes it may help some of you that have lost a beloved pet in the past. You may view the site at www.littlepawsmemorialgardens.com

Blog Entries
    Since this post popped up I felt maybe it was time to do a quick loss update. I miss Abby every single day that passes. I can't put it more simply than that. It is almost 2 years since she has died and I think of so often and it still hurts at times. But there are moments where Galehad and Tristan act just like her and I just laugh and think of her fondly because I love her so and will always cherish her. I couldn't be more grateful for the time I had with her and for what she has left behind with me.

Thank you my dear sweet Abigale, rest easy my love.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast