Thread: Looking for help with a howling problem.

Registered Junior Puppy Member

Looking for help with a howling problem.

My black and tan coonhound jiggy is upsettting my crazy neighbours and theyre harassing us (crazy because he doesn't do it all the time and my windows are always closed because neighbours are always out smoking and smell blows into my house) i'm looking for a way to stop his howling, he only does it when me and my wife leave the house or go out in the yard without him, if he sees us in the yard he keeps howling but if we go away he stops pretty quick. I adopted him two years ago and hes six now, hes done it the whole time ive had him but its slightly better now. Ive tried the leave come back thing and that didn't help. The neighbours are causing alot of stress to my wife and something needs to be done, she suggested finding him a new home, its that hard on her. I don't have a lot of money so Im scared to get a trainer and it not work after paying lots of money. Im debating getting a bark collar for him to wear when we are out, i don't know what else to do, so suggestions please.

Hes a pretty good dog other than that, and that he pulls a bit on walks and howls at other dogs but only certain breeds or colours, we are working on that and have a harness that's helping.

I would try a bark collar starting at a low level. They are recommended by vets and tend to work well.

Chris

I have used Bark Collars with good success. It does not really cure them of barking or howling but at least it keeps them quiet. Rather than see you having to get rid of the dog which is hard to do when they are good dogs other than that try a Bark Collar. I like the ones that let the dog give a bark or two but the level goes up if they continue barking (or howling).