Thread: Seizures

Seizures

On Dec. 20th while taking a nap with my 15 year 7 month old mix. He woke me up to something I have never witness in my life. Duke was taking a grand mal seizure. Needless to say I was horrified to see my best friend like that. Within 2 hours of having this, he was at his vets office. His vet did an incredible physical exam and drew blood. Phenobarbital was supplied to me to take home with instructions not to give it to him until the results of the blood work was in. The Dr. called me the next day and informed me all of the blood work tested came back normal, thank God! He also instructed me not to give it to him but to watch him and keep of log of activities. Never in my life have a been so scared. I watch him all of the time, I'm afraid to leave him alone, plus I am making myself sick with worry. I know in my head he is old. I also know my heart is breaking. So far he seems almost back to himself. His balance is still off, he is very jumpy to the touch, and he sleeps a lot. We live alone, and sometimes I need someone who understands my feeling. It's wonderful to know you are here.

Merry Christmas.
    DustynDuke

Full Member Full Dog Member wliberty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynduke View Post
    On Dec. 20th while taking a nap with my 15 year 7 month old mix. He woke me up to something I have never witness in my life. Duke was taking a grand mal seizure. Needless to say I was horrified to see my best friend like that. Within 2 hours of having this, he was at his vets office. His vet did an incredible physical exam and drew blood. Phenobarbital was supplied to me to take home with instructions not to give it to him until the results of the blood work was in. The Dr. called me the next day and informed me all of the blood work tested came back normal, thank God! He also instructed me not to give it to him but to watch him and keep of log of activities. Never in my life have a been so scared. I watch him all of the time, I'm afraid to leave him alone, plus I am making myself sick with worry. I know in my head he is old. I also know my heart is breaking. So far he seems almost back to himself. His balance is still off, he is very jumpy to the touch, and he sleeps a lot. We live alone, and sometimes I need someone who understands my feeling. It's wonderful to know you are here.

Merry Christmas.
    DustynDuke
    Merry Christmas! I hope all goes well and there are no more seizures.

Thank you. Amen to no more seizures.