Thread: Want to breed my puggle

Registered Junior Puppy Member

Want to breed my puggle

Hi so I have a two year old female puggle. She looks very pug and my friend just got a pure bread pug puppy about 6 months ago. We've been playing around with the thought of breeding for a while now and i guess I had some questions before we decide to move forward or not. I've heard that if you breed a puggle with another puggle it can lead to a lot of complications and a not so attractive dog. Would the same happen with what we would like to do or would the result be more pug looking puppies. Would the puppies be healthy as long as the parents are or would the fact that my dog is a mix breed cause complications?

Thank you!

Full Member Full Dog Member wliberty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KyD View Post
    Hi so I have a two year old female puggle. She looks very pug and my friend just got a pure bread pug puppy about 6 months ago. We've been playing around with the thought of breeding for a while now and i guess I had some questions before we decide to move forward or not. I've heard that if you breed a puggle with another puggle it can lead to a lot of complications and a not so attractive dog. Would the same happen with what we would like to do or would the result be more pug looking puppies. Would the puppies be healthy as long as the parents are or would the fact that my dog is a mix breed cause complications?

Thank you!
    My advice don't breed!!!!!!!!!!!!