Thread: i really need help here i'm all alone

Junior Member Junior Puppy Member

Arrow

my problem is i bought a dog no ones knows what it is since my country doesn't have an interest in pets (3rd world got other important stuff to take care off like humans!! ) anyway i browsed thousands of dogs pictures and i think i have a soft coat wheaten terrier
    but i'm not sure can some one help me with that?
    now this dog was abused as well!! and now i'm trying to make it happier and i'm doing my best reading all i can find online.
    now i got some problems:
    1-every month for only one night each month he goes crazy and barks all night long for no reason its not that annoying cz it happens about once a month only? dont know why or what to do then or how to stop it!!
    2-doesn't fetch sticks or anything just runs to them and smells them and runs back is afraid from tennis balls even if the they just roll by him he gets terriefied tried different stuff doesn't fetch any
    3-doesn't accept a leash at all and will refuse to move
    4-doesnt eat commercial dog food keep in mind no variety of brands and only found in majors stores and seems old but not expired
    keep in mind no training or obiediance schools for animals here
    no pet stores or grooming utilities found as the ones i see online
    and no support at all
    so please help me !!
    thanks alot

Full Member Full Dog Member

Hello Mahdi_MD, thanks for posting. I'm not sure specifically which question to answer. You mentioned that pets are not really accepted where you live. So you must be an exceptional person! How long have you had your dog? Also, I see that you can purchase items for your dog through this site, they have shampoos, brushes, and a variety of stuff. They ship overseas too.
    Love Me, Love My Dog!

Thank goodness there are people like you.

Keep trying different foods and hopefully you'll find one that your dog likes.

Since you're online, keep searching for info on training. You'll be able to train him yourself, it seems that you are dedicated.

Keep us posted
    I love cats too.

Senior Dog Member

Maybe you can try feeding your dog BARF. I'm not sure what it stands for - but it's basically human food (you'd probably want to research it on the net). Take small steps with your dog. If he was abused - it make take him a long time to come out of his shell. Just do a little at a time and try not to overwhelm him. My mom has a dachshund that was abused. She has had him for a year - and he's now finally starting to come to me when I come in the house (I'm over there pretty much everday). Just be patient and keep working with him!

It'll take a while for your dog to get use to you, so don't think things will come immediantly. For most dogs you need to train them to fetch things, my dog still hasn't got the hang of it now really and I've had her for several years. Hmm leash training....what type of leash and collar are you using? Also here's a webpage I picked up for you about leash training: http://www.perfectpaws.com/cls.html. I hope it helps.
    ¤Dog Expert¤

there are no wide varaiety of leashs over here, only one
    and its leather, the problem is when i leash it it gets sad and would not move at all
    all the sites a read online were talkin about how to stop it from pulling u around and stuff like that
    non of them addressed the issue of the dog not moving and actually finding it offending !! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    thank u all for u'r replys

Senior Dog Member

Try talking to your dog in a very excited high pitch. That always seems to movitate dogs a little bit (at least it does with mine).

did you ever consider the fact that maybe it was abused somehow with a leash? it may see it and it brings up bad memories. my dog loves walks but in a popular metropark in my area he stops at the entrance to the woods. i think he's just scared at how dark it looks. maybe your dog is doing the same thing. good luck to you and your pooch!
    You don't know love until you know a border collie!